BrewDemon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to this forum but have been brewing for about a year now. I'm not real sure how old this post is but I thought I would respond just the same. Having started out with Mr Beer there were are few of their former extracts that I actually liked and used as base recipes to add hops and other adjuncts to so when BrewDemon opened the doors I places an order. I order the 2 gallon kit with the fermenter and the One Evil Pilsner recipe (Mr. Beer's old Pilothouse Pilsner) and I ordered both a 2 gallon and 6 gallon recipes of the Wild Spirit IPA old Mr. Beer American Devil IPA). I have not taken delivery yet but I am really interested to see how these extracts measure up to the old Mr. Beer ones. If your looking for additional info about the Brew extracts you might want to check out http://www.beerborg.com/index/borgblog/ There are some articles there about the company and the product line up!

Cheers!

Not too bad. The malts are made by the same company that made Mr. Beer malts before the Cooper's buyout. Conical fermenter is pretty cool. I've used two of them to ferment a split 5 gallon batch to try two different yeasts.

I took advantage of the LBK swap for the BrewDemon 2-gallon conical. I like it. Haven't tried any of the extract stuff, though. I have down a "test" batch in both fermenters and the BrewDemon was better in my mind!

Brewing the BrewDemon American Prophecy Ale later this evening. Going to sub Safale 05 and add some Simcoe hops to get a citrus hit. Need to try a mini mash or small partial mash stovetop brew.

Been away from brewing for too long, so many projects. Looking forward to setting up my 5 gallon brew equipment again. My fiancé and I just get back into wine making last week too. Nice to have the smells of fermentation back in the house again :)

Latest posts

Back