Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So calling someone dumb doesn't fit right in with obnoxious trash talk. I don't think anyone was offended... I'm simply pointing out what an uninformed statement it was... something this thread is all about.

Romo!?!? ROMO!?!?!? (in my best Jim Mora "playoffs" voice)...

please... congrats Tony, you've officially won ONE playoffs game. Wow. We're all so very impressed. Get the bronze bust ready!!

And F Manning. Greatest regular season QB in the history of the game by the time he's done. Awesome. I'll give him that. The guy is awesome. BUT... and you ALLLLLLLLL know where I'm goin with this (even you Clarno-Manning-is-dreamy-brewing knucklehead.... and the fact that EVERYONE knows what I'm about to say just illustrates how true it is...)

Look... at... the... playoff numbers.

GOTTA be... absolutley GOTTA be considered the biggest post-season choker in the history of the game. How are you so amazing in the regular season and then just royally SUCK during the playoffs? I don't get it.

Biggest.. gag-artist... EVER.

Except for MAYBE Romo's infamous hold.

JESUS... all ya gotta do is catch the ball and put it on the ground. Freakin' loser.

I know I'm in the minority but imo playoff wins and super bowl wins are TEAM accomplishments. Football relies on 'team' more than most other sports.

John Elway is a great example. Before his super bowl wins many considered him a 'choker' in the playoffs/super bowl. Then he won a couple and all of the sudden he's a true champion? Shenanigans I say. Those were TEAM losses and TEAM wins.

I don't think any less of Dan Marino because his team never won a super bowl and I don't think any more of Trent Dilfer just because his team won one.

I know I'm in the minority but imo playoff wins and super bowl wins are TEAM accomplishments. Football relies on 'team' more than most other sports.

ok... but then people can't bow down to Manning during the regular season then. If it's a "team" game then everything he does in the regular season should be totally discounted.

You can't have it both ways.

you can't say he's the best thing since sliced bread during the regular season and then when he invariably gags in the playoffs cop out with, "well.. it's a TEAM game".

ok... but then people can't bow down to Manning during the regular season then. If it's a "team" game then everything he does in the regular season should be totally discounted.

You can't have it both ways.

you can't say he's the best thing since sliced bread during the regular season and then when he invariably gags in the playoffs cop out with, "well.. it's a TEAM game".
Agree. We get to see Manning play and he passes the 'sniff test' for being a great QB (just as Dilfer did not). That's why I think he's great, not because of team accomplishments. The Pats didn't have a great season but Brady's still awesome. Brees has been great for years.

John Elway is a great example. Before his super bowl wins many considered him a 'choker' in the playoffs/super bowl. Then he won a couple and all of the sudden he's a true champion? Shenanigans I say. Those were TEAM losses and TEAM wins.

one more point on this though....

... and here's the big difference... Look at Elways stats during his regular seasons and then compare them with what his did in the playoffs. They're pretty similar. Look at Brady's... pretty similar (with the exception of the Raven's game last week... God he played like SHIIT). look at Marino's... pretty similar.

Now look at Peyton's. There's a DRAMATIC drop off.

You can call it a team game all you want and I agree I don't see Marino differently because he never won a Super Bowl... but that's because he was consistant. Same with Dilfer. He was what he was... an 'ok' QB whether it was playoffs or the regular season.

Manning has the huge distinction of putting up God-like numbers during the season with all of these dramatic come-backs, etc etc... but when the playoffs come, he falls through the floor.

Did Peyton Manning piss in your cornflakes and then kick your dog? It seems like you're actually angry at the guy. Or at the rest of the football fans who recognize that he's one of the most talented QBs to ever play the game. Sure, he's had trouble in the playoffs. But, if I remember correctly, he did win all his playoff games a few years back.

Superbowls are great ways to prove you're a great team. But how many teams win the superbowl? One. How many go? Two. So all the other teams choke in the playoffs. Does that mean there aren't other great players out there? Nope.

You can come up with thousands of reasons you don't like Manning, but he's still going down in the books as one of the best to play the game. And I think he'll have a few more Lombardi trophies tucked away before he retires.

one more point on this though....

... and here's the big difference... Look at Elways stats during his regular seasons and then compare them with what his did in the playoffs. They're pretty similar. Look at Brady's... pretty similar (with the exception of the Raven's game last week... God he played like SHIIT). look at Marino's... pretty similar.

Now look at Peyton's. There's a DRAMATIC drop off.

You can call it a team game all you want and I agree I don't see Marino differently because he never won a Super Bowl... but that's because he was consistant. Same with Dilfer. He was what he was... an 'ok' QB whether it was playoffs or the regular season.

Manning has the huge distinction of putting up God-like numbers during the season with all of these dramatic come-backs, etc etc... but when the playoffs come, he falls through the floor.

LOL!!!!!

That's awesome... a ref crack from the Raven's fan! I'm not being sarcastic... that's funny stuff.

Ah-ight... with my beloved Pats sucking and getting bounced from the playoffs, I'm outta here. Vacation day tomorrow and taking the offspring and SWMBO skiing. Heading out in four minutes.

So I don't wanna hear any of this bullshiit "Oooooo The Pats fan is awfully quiet!"

you'll have to play amongst yourselves.

PS. Peyton gags donkey hog. True story

Saints resigned Deuce McAllister. I guess Peyton is thinking Dallas will take down the Vikes this weekend. If they start Deuce on Sat. the Dome is going to explode.....................:ban::ban:

Ravens are getting
FVCKED

That was NOT A PENALTY

Oh, they deserved it though not running out the clock there late
Giving it back to Manning with under 2 minutes left is a DEATH
DEATH SENTENCE

how bad does an organization have to be to have coaches not wanting to interview for a head coach job?

a bills fan

Just curious, but last I heard Wilson did nto want to relinquish power and he publically said his kids would not get the team. Is that still the case? Not sure who else they talked to, but if I was coaching at Stanford and offered a job in Buffalo, I would not leave. That is not anything against Buffalo. I wouldn't move to Pittsburgh either. I went to a wedding in Palo Alto and it is absolutely beautiful.

Well colts played some damn good football. I have to give it to em. It didn't hurt that they lucked out and got about every damn break they could have.

Well colts played some damn good football. I have to give it to em. It didn't hurt that they lucked out and got about every damn break they could have.
It was like there was a little angle on the field shoveling fumbles into the hands of the Colts. I loved it.

It was like there was a little angle on the field shoveling fumbles into the hands of the Colts. I loved it.

You live in MD and you are not a Raven's Fan?

What team do you claim?

Go Colts - Bring on the Chargers!!!!!!!

Just curious, but last I heard Wilson did nto want to relinquish power and he publically said his kids would not get the team. Is that still the case? Not sure who else they talked to, but if I was coaching at Stanford and offered a job in Buffalo, I would not leave. That is not anything against Buffalo. I wouldn't move to Pittsburgh either. I went to a wedding in Palo Alto and it is absolutely beautiful.

Ralph is still in charge and the kids will get the team when he dies, but will probably have to sell it to pay the death taxes. There have been a lot of coaches that turned down interviews.

Yeah, we got whooped by the Vikes. They dominated in every way.

FWIW, I'm a Vikings fan from here on out. How can you not like the old man? It'd be great to see him go out on top!

Man the cowboys took it in the arse! Kinda like watching Brokeback Mountain. Guess it's time to see if Sanchez can hold a candle. Pretty disappointing playoff weekend so far. Sure hasn't lived up to the hype.

Lol!! Special Post-Season seats reserved for the Patriots!!

Couch.JPG

Like I said..Back on the couch,Again. I love it.

HOLD ON!!! You're telling me the Chargers were supposedly the "hottest" team in the history of organized sport and they lost... AGAIN... in their first game of hte playoffs??

I'm SHOCKED!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHH AHAHAHAHAHH!

Jets are playin' on borrowed time... Ehh.. screw it, as much as I hate the Jets, it's not as much as the Colts so I'm actually rooting for that fat tub a' jackazz Rex Ryan to pull another game outta that big fat azz and beat the Colts.

... and then they'll get absolutely slaughtered by New Orleans. So the Colts lose a bit earlier and the Jets end up with 2nd to last pick in next year's uncapped draft. I'll take it considering the Pats are already gone.

Jets are playin' on borrowed time... Ehh.. screw it, as much as I hate the Jets, it's not as much as the Colts so I'm actually rooting for that fat tub a' jackazz Rex Ryan to pull another game outta that big fat azz and beat the Colts.

... and then they'll get absolutely slaughtered by New Orleans. So the Colts lose a bit earlier and the Jets end up with 2nd to last pick in next year's uncapped draft. I'll take it considering the Pats are already gone.

Couldn't have said it better myself.... I didn't know who to root for today. The Jets that I hate or the Chargers to choke again.

Back