Advice for modding brewstand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SporkD2

Reaction score
When I orginally built my brewstand all I wanted was a table. I have 4x4's and cement board on the top.

I've realized that when I set my burners and MLT & HLT on the table the height of the burner and keggle is really really high.

I want to take off my cement board and just put some cross beams and mount my burners underneath. Question is, where can I buy some of these cross beams? Home Depot, Lowes? and what am I looking for?

Thanks

When I orginally built my brewstand all I wanted was a table. I have 4x4's and cement board on the top.

I've realized that when I set my burners and MLT & HLT on the table the height of the burner and keggle is really really high.

I want to take off my cement board and just put some cross beams and mount my burners underneath. Question is, where can I buy some of these cross beams? Home Depot, Lowes? and what am I looking for?

Thanks

I'm confused. You build your first stand out of wood. Can't you just take off the cement board and screw in some crossbeams made out of wood? Are you worried about setting it on fire? If so, get some flashing to heat shield the wood if the fire won't be too close....or just buy some angle iron, drill holes in it, and lag bolt it to your 4x4s...

I don't think there is any "standard" way to make crossbeams...

Back