Diy wine rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tupes

Reaction score
I'be been looking for a diy wine bottle rack. Ive searched around in Google but didn't come up with much. If any one has any web sites or plans for some thing that you built. Thank in advance.. Looking for at least a 50 bottle rack.

Depends on your budget and what you want them to look like.

There's the skid row wine rack made from old wooden pallets.

A simple scalloped wine rack like these can be built using an 8" (?) board and a 4" (?) hole saw. Space the holes in the board and then rip it down the middle, voila, front and back shelves. Repeat for every additional shelf and assemble.

I'm making (a project I've been slacking on) two custom 80 bottle racks similar to these. I used 1x2s for the frame and shelves and then 3/4" x 3/4" molding for the 9" spacers. I'm assembling using pocket screws and wood glue.

There are these racks where the shelves are vertical and the spacers support the wine bottle. I kind of wish I went in this direction because I think the staining and assembly would be easier. I think this rack is pretty similar and has plans (but it's for 169 bottles). And I think you have to be a member to see the pics.

That Wine Racks America site has a lot of bottle measurements handy for spacing.

Thanks for the reply.. I like one with the vertical with the spacers that support the bottles. World market a store by me, has ones like that for sale. That's what I was going to make. But can't find the dementios for it. I like the one you're making as well. My plan was to make two up right shelves then put either shelves for my gallons or cubes in between the the two up right. If u can find a picture ill post to give you an idea. Thanks again for the reply.

Here is mine

photo.jpg

The place is highly ranked on "wooden wine racks" google search

You need to view the assembly instructions on the website, which give you all the detailed measurements.

Back