whirlflock in secondary ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flylock_jac

Reaction score
I've used whirlflock in my last 2 batches and was amazed with the results.
I recently brewed a batch of yellow fizzy stuff for my bmc friends.
planned to bottle it this weekend ,but my sister stopped by yesterday and wants me to brew a raspberry ale for her. Her daughter is going into the Army at the end of the summer and wants the ale for a going away party.
We went to the store and got berries yesterday. washed ,and tossed into blender. Dumped into a carboy and racked the crystal clear Y.F.S. onto it.

Can I boil a whirlflock tablet and add to the secondary ??

thanx

well it certainly wouldn't hurt, but i'd use gelatin or something else just to be sure.

Whirlfloc is an irish moss kettle fining, meaning it reacts with the proteins that have broke out of solution and causes them to clump together. So no, it won't really do anything at this point.

Exactly. Whirlfloc and Irish moss work only in the boil. So, it won't do a thing for you in secondary. There are other finings, though, like PolyKleer or gelatin that might work for you.

Latest posts

Back