Looking for o-rings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojzis

Reaction score
I'm looking to add an element to my kettle and hlt cooler. However Im only seeing o rings in packs of 25. Why spend 10-12$ for two o rings?

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has a cheaper source. Or better yet maybe someone bought a pack and wouldn't mind selling one or two?

As always, thanks for everyone's help

1-3/16 ID. Will be using the same element on the electric brewery site. Checking into your link now

Chrisl77 said:
Try here if you don't have the stainless locknuts you can get them there to.

Damn. Just ordered some fittings from them too. Didn't even think about adding the lock nuts and o rings.

Thanks

I'm looking to add an element to my kettle and hlt cooler. However Im only seeing o rings in packs of 25. Why spend 10-12$ for two o rings?

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has a cheaper source. Or better yet maybe someone bought a pack and wouldn't mind selling one or two?

As always, thanks for everyone's help

You see O-rings in packs of 25 because it's not economical to package one or two. The bag would cost far more than the O-rings inside.

But most auto parts stores have a master O-ring set. Just ask the clerk behind the counter & he will pull out a box of nicely sorted O-rings. Select the size you want & pay.

You see O-rings in packs of 25 because it's not economical to package one or two. The bag would cost far more than the O-rings inside.

But most auto parts stores have a master O-ring set. Just ask the clerk behind the counter & he will pull out a box of nicely sorted O-rings. Select the size you want & pay.

Food grade?

I don't believe there is such a thing as food grade O-rings.

They will be neoprene just like the ones you buy on-line.

likely just a nitrile oring anyways. go to TSC or hardware store and buy a couple. you can also buy oring kits with 20-30 different sizes.

I use the stock gasket on the camco element on outside of the kettle.

I do too - I ordered & tried O-rings but the stock square gasket thet comes with water heating elements works better than O-rings. And of the O-rings I tried, silicone was actually worse because the silicone gasket was damaged too easily.

Fizzycist said:
I've got em, was stuck buying the 25 pack when I only needed two. I put up an ad in the classified section. PM me your address, I'll give you my paypal account, for a buck each they'll be in the mail tomorrow morning. How many do you want?

Forgot, here's my classified listing. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/o-rings-380196/

Perfect! I'd like two.

PM sent.

Come to think of it, I have about 23 spare -211 silicone O-rings. How about, 2 for $1 shipped to the 48 states. I can offer this special price because I steal the stamps from Mrs Alien.

These are the ones that fit over 1/2" male NPT fitting in a weldless fitting. ID 13/16", CS 1/8", OD 1-1/16". I got them from McMaster Carr, catalogue #9396K32. I am told they also serve as food grade gaskets for 1/2" female camlock fittings.

I guess I need to make a sales thread if I am going to play the entreprenyoor.

Edit: That was quick! I'm sold out folks.

Latest posts

Back