12/27/11 my 1st Anniversary as a Home Brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerinBR

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
On December 27th 2010 I brewed my first batch of home brew. A Mr. Beer kit Cowboy lager. I was not impressed with the beer, but was absolutely fascinated by the process and the science. I found online John Palmer's book "How To Brew" read it and then purchased a copy of the most recent edition. Also in February 2011 I brewed my first all grain. A spiced black lager, not knowing any better I made up the recipe on my own using research. Developed my own spreadsheet using formulas I found online and in various other books. Today I am brewing a similar recipe, an American Black Lager.
I have learned much from the many generous home brewers here on Home Brew Talk. I got the inspiration for my basement brew room from the many DIY Threads. Same with my Corona bucket Mill. So many good ideas and so much help and knowledge.

Thanks to the many brewers who have responded to my questions, gave me pointers and information. Thanks to all of those posting in DIY for the ideas and inspiration. Thanks for the many gut busting rolling on the floor LOL's

A Special Thanks to Homercidal for invites to brew sessions and help with understanding brewing water chemistry.

You are all a very special group of of people that I am proud to be associated with!

Thank You and Hoppy New Years :mug:

George!

Back