Where to get corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heinz57

Reaction score
Where does everyone that kegs get their corny kegs from? I stumbled upon a mini fridge on CL today that's brand new for $30 because the couple is moving today. As you've guessed I want to convert it into a kegerator, the husband bought it specifically to turn it into a two corny kegerator, which is exactly what I plan on doing with it. I have been looking for the past few days and doesn't seem like they are a popular item on CL or ebay really (could be that I just didn't look very long). But at kegconnection.com two cornies are $45, is this unreasonable? I realize I still have to get a CO2 cylinder, regulator, tower, and faucets, but one thing at a time I guess.

I was gonna vote for that same place, except to state you can get two cornies that aren't re-built, but ARE washed and pressure tested, for $34 plus shipping (which'll run you about another $15).

compared to $40 per corny locally, that aren't washed or rebuilt (just pressure tested) it was only $5 more for me to order online and pay shipping...so the second keg was like...free.

Todd at the Keg Connection is great to work with. $88 for 4 kegs and they come with new O-rings.

I got my last 8 kegs from him and I'm a happy camper. I'll buy my next kegs from him again.

I found 4 kegs on ebay a while back. I ended up paying 50 bucks for the kegs and about 50 dollars for the shipping.

When I bought the four from brewers discount he only charged me $18 for 4 kegs to Michigan, which I thought was fair.

If you can limit your shipping costs with a local pick-up you can save a good percentage of your costs. That said, I can only think of three places off the top of my head where someone sells them for $15 - 20 per at any great volume.

Someplace in MI (online HBS) Edit: Brew-boy's got it right (above).
Appleton or Oshkosh WI (forget where) SuperLarry on eBay?
S. California
Maybe Tom Hargrove in Alabama??

If you are anywhere near these places, I can scare up an answer after a few beers.

There seem to be some ok prices on ebay, but the shipping prices are way too high from what I have seen. I am trying to see if I can find a good deal locally so I dont have to mess with shipping.

My location is Southern California. I picked up the fridge in Pomona, and I'm located in LA (USC). If there is a place around there that I could score some cornies without having to ship them would be fantastic.

Back