Going all grain.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have the crankandstein 2a and love it. i would suggest getting a roller style over the corona, there a little more money but well worth it.

If you decide to get the Corona, search out the term "conditioning" as you can wet the grain a bit which will toughen the husks and that will help keep them from tearing into too small of pieces.

The mill you are looking at should work. You may need to make a couple minor mods as shown in the ugly junk corona mill post but it can do the job. I considered a cornoa type mill but decided to go the route of a roller mill. I am happy I did. I went with the millars b2 mill on amazon for $100. It is built well and does a bang up job. A tad more than a cornoa mill but you get a roller mill that simply needs to be mounted to something to use.

thanks for all the advice. went with the corona mill. I would get a roller but they are currently out of my price range. will look up more on conditioning looks very useful.

Not sure if you already made the buy, but you can always just buy your grain milled to start. Obviously, lots of people like to have complete control over every stage of the process, but don't let the cost of a mill be an obstacle to going AG.

Back