Brock Lesner - The Juggernaut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't seen his UFC fight from last saturday night, part of it was posted on youtube today... with free techno music! Yah!

Seriously, who is going to compete against this guy?

[youtube]JowWg_gVNOs[/youtube]

I would be willing to put money on either Randy Couture, Cheick Kongo, or Frank Mir against him. Sure he's big, but there's more to MMA than being big. Herring's not that good.

Oh, I agree there is a lot more to just being big, but the Crazy Horse is a hell of a fighter - and 250 lbs at weigh in - but he got man handled like I've never seen before...

To pull off a heel hook, you are exposing yourself for a few heavy punches. It is a high risk move.

Herring was good in Pride, he is just clinging to a major career at this point. I am glad to see they are not just feeding Lesner bottom of the bucket fighters like they are doing with Kimbo in EliteXC.

Herring is pretty solid, he has beaten some of the best in the world he is probably on the way down now that was in Japan like 5 yrs ago. Lesnar is still half in that WWE **** and he has no real submissions. The problem is hes just so big and strong he has like 40-50 lbs on most heavyweights.

kimbo is nothing more than a street fighter. I watched the last two fights with Lesner and I can't believe anyone is making a big deal out of him. I think if it wasn't for his WWE fame there wouldn't have been a third fight after that loss to Mir. There are far better fighters out there.

He is damn impressive, but I think he acted like a d**k after he won. I realize a lot of people poo-pooed him coming to the UFC, but flaunting around like a jerk doesn't make you look better in anyone's eyes. "Can you see me now?!?!?"

Brock has a decent enuff stand-up and strike game, but i have not seenhim from his back yet. How good is he off the mat?

Tim

Latest posts

Back