Southern Tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbrews

Reaction score
I liked Southern Tier as a beer newbie, since they mostly produce sweeter, high gravity specialty brews. I've tried them all... Unearthly, Oaked Unearthly, Krampus, 2XIPA, etc.... Choklat being the only true standout for me today.

Present Time... a good 3 years pass, and I haven't tasted an ST beer since. That is until 2XRYE! How freaking great is this beer? You truly outdid yourselves Southern Tier. Make more beers like this and less like Creme Brulee. I understand the market for those "weird beers", but you don't want to be known as another Dogfish Head.

Anyway 2XRYE changed my opinion of ST, and I just thought I'd come in to say that. I would rather buy this than any other hoppy beer available in NJ stores at the present time.

Havent seen it yet... is that on NJ shelves yet?

I get the whole "weird beer" hype, but I dont think ST is at that level. They do make some pretty good beers.

I popped my Southern Tier cherry last night when I put some Creme Bruele in my mouth last night and it was GLORIOUS!

-=Jason=-

Is Dogfish Head looked down upon by beer enthusiasts or something? I'm genuinely just curious, I haven't had anything from them, but I usually hear good things about them.

Back