Studies show that BMC tastes like ... well BMC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, a blind taste test between Olympia, Hamm's, Schlitz, Schaefer, Budweiser and Miller. Why bother, you could just pour them all into a punch bowl and ladle it out.

I do remember pounding the beer to have when you are going to have more than one though. :D (I was 18 at the time).

Much like cola taste tests. Virtually everyone was unable to identify 'their' brand.

Although I must admit, with 70 plus (times 8-15 styles each) breweries within 50 miles, I'd be hard pressed to identify more than a handful of brews.

You've got to wonder.... Does the beer-drinking public( average Joe six-pack) drink BMC because of the advertising, the jingles, the taste? Is it just because they don't know any better? I know that some big brands taste better than others. None are nearly as good as most homebrews, or many of the other styles on the market. By other styles, I mean ESB's Stouts, etc. made by commercial brewers. We have BMC engrained into our awareness from childhood on up. We are also taught that beers from other parts of the world are strong and nasty. It's no wonder fizzy yellow beer sells so well here.

I guess we're just lucky to be fortunate enough to know better.

i think i finally got my father away from BMC. His beer of choice used to be Miller Genuine Draft (bleagh) but last time he came to visit, we brewed up a Kölsch together and i shipped him a six-pack when it was finished.

He loved it and every time i talk to him now he's trying out new beers.

His drink of choice now is Killian's Red. Sure, he has a way to go, but his eyes are now wider open :D

Back