Electric Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodwha

Reaction score
Are there any electric burners that can handle boiling ~7 gallons? My stove barely handles 3.5 gallons, and I'd prefer to try a full boil. It's just too hot and there are lots of bugs to brew outside.

Money is always an object to some extent, but so is buying something with quality.

Ok now,here's a possible work around I found out of neccesity...which is of course the mother of invention. I had 3 burners on our electric stove go south,with the 4th on it's last legs. I searched amazon,& found the ones in the link in My Profile. Pantra I think the name was.
Anyway,they heat up faster & more evenly than the stock GE ones did. I can get 3G in my 5G SSBK to boikling in 18 minutes now. Maybe they'll help you out?...

It would work for now I suppose. We are renting this house, which has a Whirlpool stove that has 3 burners going south. I pulled one out and noticed something like carbon buildup. Clean it off a little and it works better for a while. I haven't actually looked at the part that the burner contacts into. If the burner connections look like that what they connect to must look like that too.

I'd still prefer a burner that can handle a large boil of up to 7 gallons. Am I wishing for something out of reach?

I also wouldn't want to brew outside because I love how the house smells!

Check online for restaurant suppliers. You might be able to buy a commercial hot plate, but I'm not sure what wattage you'd need to boil 7 gallons.

The large burner on my 2 year old GE will boil 7 gallons quite easily. I don't know if the controls need to be changed to get the extra heat or if you can just get a new burner.

Back