Beersmith and Brew Magic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snook32

Reaction score
Does anyone develop recipes with Beersmith and brew with a Brew Magic?
Trying to find out what numbers to use as the equipment profile. My Brew Magic arrives Monday.

I recently bought the Brewer's Friend app on my iPhone. It got much better reviews than BeerSmith so I figured I would try it. My friend got a 2 for 1 BeerSmith that he gave me a code for install so I installed it on my computer then my Mac. It came to the point where I had to redo my iTunes for my Mac so I needed to either get BeerSmith app and sync to computer or pay for Brewer's Friend on the internet. Since I already had recipes and Brewlogs in my BF I decided to go with that online. It is overall more money, but I am glad I did. I have been comparing the two with the same recipes. Numbers are similar, but user interface and actually grain/hop options are much better in the BF. I ran into grain selection issues multiple times with BeerSmith that I have yet to find missing in BF. The Brew timers work great. Hit one button and it does the rest, etc. I think I am going to stick with the BF for sure.

Back