Christmas Presents!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We had our Christmas today and I opened my gifts. I got a Blichmann beergun and a new Milwaukee pH meter! I was surprised- I suspected the pH meter but not the beergun. Pretty cool!

Ooo, always wanted one of those Beer guns, that's awesome! Definitely want to hear what you think of it when you put it to use.

I got early gifts before headed down here to visit my parents. They got me a shiny new grain mill (a monster mill), and my wife got me a new propane burner so I can quit cluttering up the kitchen on brew day.

I'm jealous of people who get brewing related goodies for Christmas!

Better than the lump of coal you got last year!!!!! :mug:

When I get into town the next time, if you're around, I'll buy you a beer to make it up to you. Probably sometime in the spring................
I preferred to think of the coal as an 'immature' diamond. I think I can see some change already.

Second week of the month coincides with a couple of home brew events. Taste night at the Pumphouse and the Magma monthly meeting. Not sure that is enough to plan around, but all else being equal...

I got a new driver and a 3 wood. And a Sight glass thermometer combo from Bobby. Swimbo was paying attention!

nice! count yourself lucky we are in the poorhouse this year plus my wife doesn't like my brewing hobby to begin with

Very Lucky, I was in the poor house for a few years almost lost my house but We are back on track and always pay everything cash now. No more credit cards.

Had the money to get a mill but you know how life happens and it disappeared...

Anyways SantA showed up and the kids got up at 2am...so we opened gifts...

I am now the new proud owner of a Monster Mill 2!

Man this thing is heavy!

Can't wait to use it!

Meet Christmas!...need to goto bed now!

Congrats. Santa has a remarkable way of knowing what brewers need. Next year I should remember to leave him more than milk.

Congrats. Santa has a remarkable way of knowing what brewers need. Next year I should remember to leave him more than milk.

There was a poem on Basic Brewing Radio (Christmas.....2008?) at the end written by a listener that painted Santa as having a weakness for homebrew. It was great.

I'm at the Inlaws so there was no kegs here for him. He had to settle for a whiskey old fashioned.

Dang! I forgot to leave Santa a glass of Burton ale. I wonder if he'd remember the original? We'll be openning presents later when our son shows up for dinner. Pit bbq'd whole ham & turkey,yummy!

Wooo hooo.
Two highly wanted tools.
A thermapen. I don't know how she knew.
HER: Here is your coffee honey.
Me: how hot is it, within .7 degrees?
HER: How the heck should I know, and more importantly, WHY should I know?
Me: Umm well if i had a thermapen I could tell you.
And a leatherman just like the one I lost about a year ago and haven't quit whining about since.

13248235002400.jpg

I got a refractometer and several beer related books from the in-laws. I'm expecting a kegging set-up from my father. I'll begin my hunt for a fridge or freezer after the new year. The only batch that's ready for the keg or bottles is only 3 gallons. That'll be bottled the day after New Years Day. I'll need to figure out what I want to brew five gallons of for the kegs.

SWMBO got me a digital scale, carboy cleaner, carboy hauler, refractometer, wall mount bottle opener, and a set of six different style beer glasses. What did you get?

Gift certs are great if they know where you shop, or its generic. But I have gotten a few over the years to stores I have zero interest in.

Bro got me a Bayou Classic cooker. I'm pretty jazzed. I didn't mind brewing on the electric stove top at our house -my 33qt tamale pot could sit on 2 burners and with both on HIGH got a nice boil- but this will make it much easier. Quicker heating, the ability to arrange things for easy use.. runoff straight to the kettle instead of pitchers, etc.

Not to mention that we will get a couple more pots for doing fish frys, gumbo, etc.

New kettle. I know, I already said that in another thread. But it's a nice kettle. And I'm post-whoring.

I received 2 books:
The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance

The Homebrewer's Garden: How to Easily Grow, Prepare, and Use Your Own Hops, Malts, Brewing Herbs

Excited about trying to grow hops - we have a huge trellis covering an outside patio, got the OK with the landlord to let grow them over top.

Some more glasses and a Yellow Snow t-shirt. Nothing brewing related, I really would have appreciated another 50# bag of 2-row though. Brewing 4 batches in 2 days really takes down your inventory quite fast.

Back