mail order kits: AHS -vs- MoreBeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmebaby

Reaction score
i have been extract brewing for a little more than 1 yr( 7 batches), and have ordered all my kits through MoreBeer. I have been very satisfied with the quality of the ingredients, customer service, and finished products. after noticing a reference to AHS on a thread, i looked at their site and i am blown away by the amount of choices they offer, especially the commercial clones. my question is, how do they compare to the kits from MoreBeer?

I have ordered from both, but I order most of my kits from AHS because of the selection. Both use LME. I like to do mini-mashes, and AHS has that option for all their kits.

Like B4B I have never ordered from morebeer so I can't compare the two, but I have been very pleased with AHS. Their selection of kits is great and are excellent quality. As some have noted, they do not measure out the hops; instead hops come in oz packages, so if your brew calls for 1.25 oz of something, you'll get 2 1oz packages. The only other drawback for me is how long shipping takes since I am way up in New England. Other than that, they are great.

I've ordered from both and the quality and service are similar. AHB has a much bigger selection; I believe because they build to order, rather than stocking a few dozen standard kits.

I ordered my first couple of kits from both places. If I recall, Morebeer's kit included irish moss but no grain bag. AHS had the grain already in a grain bag, but did not include irish moss. That's the only major diff I could think of.

thanks a lot fellas, i'll be giving AHS a try for my next round of kits. BTW, when i do want to use a liquid yeast, i just go to my LHB store, its only a mile away (joy) and they stock a large variety from both white labs and wyeast.

gottta go now, it's beer-thirty

Back