Building bar and kegerator.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
Ok so I have a nice sized room in my back basement and its takeing up space with useless junk...

I always wanted to build a bar down there and now that I am brewing my own beer its the perfect time to do it.

So my first question. Anyone know the best way to get info on the internet on building my own bar. what about costs?? how much could it cost me? I'm not trying to go all out just trying to get a nice little set up to get away from the old lady and have some friends over for poker night.

Now second where is the best to start for creating a keggerator I do have a nice sized freezer chest in my basement.

The stickies up at the top of this forum have a whole slew of links on the second question. Head down to the "Kegerator Tutorials/Blogs/Journals" section for a list of links. Might want to poke through everything else in there too.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sticky-kegging-faqs-43347/

As for the bar build, I'm interested in that too, it's in my long-term plans for our basement. :)

Whats best for home brewers?? Like what type of keg..I seen they had a 5 gallon keg they were thinner and looked like they where specifically made for home brewers...

Indeed. If you dig deeper into their keg kits, you can find Single Keg and Dual Keg kits for cheap and gets you everything you need to start kegging and dispensing. Be sure to look at their "fridge kits" too if you want to convert a mini-fridge into a Kegerator.

Anyways, hope that helps. :)

Back