How resistant are rhizomes to water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket

Reaction score
well.. lets put it this way.. iv been working on my area for the rhizomes to go in.. its been ready for about a week and half.. but the damn rain keeps coming non stop.. so far since last friday we are up to about 2-1/2 - 3 inches of rain and there is no plan for it to stop and dry out. this area i plan on planting them in is on higher ground than most of the yard.... and it has small puddles sitting on top of it right now.. :mad:

so where i plan on planting these guys the soil is super saturated. should i wait to plant them or put them in the ground and hope for the best.

since i have been waiting iv been working on my trellis system.. but that is almost done.. weather in stupid this year.. and just keeps bringing storm systems this way.

I'll second that the rain sucks! I feel like I haven't seen the sun in about a year. I'm super glad I built raised boxes for my new rhizomes.

Can't answer your question, but just thought I'd commiserate...

Yes the rain blows and the snow the last 2 days. The day I had done most of my transplanting was on a break between rain ground was extremely wet. 30 of 39 are peeking around. I personally think you will be fine to put em in but if u wanna w8 just remember the song from the crow"it cant rain all the time".

You could always just put them in buckets with some nice compost until it dries up a little. I ran out of room in the fridge to store the cuttings I made last month so a few varieties are in buckets/barrels buried in my compost pile (trying to keep them somewhat cool). They're all pushing a bunch of shoots so it looks like potted plants may be offered at a few upcoming beer events instead of rhizomes. It's all good!

Back