Keezer/Bar plans. Need thoughts/suggestions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoesInBoston

Reaction score
So, I am planning on building a "bar" for my dining room. I threw something together in sketchup, the attached images are the basic idea of what I want to do. There will be some decorative stuff on the outside, and the bartop will probably extend even farther over the front of the bar. It will have casters on the bottom so I can roll it away from the wall to change kegs.

Right now, the sketch has a height of 42" from the floor to the bottom of the bartop, which I find to be fairly standard. What I want to do, is put a 7.0cf chest freezer where the white box is, and have it on some heavy duty bottom mount sliders (500lb capacity). This would give me the ability to have 3 or 4 taps total.

My problemis.....this is drawn to scale, with the white box being the average size of the 7.0cf chest freezers. This is all a pretty tight fit on top. I haven't even added the sliders yet. If I did, I would have to increase the overall bar height.

Should I add another 6 inches to the overall bar height, making it 4 feet tall (kind of tall, IMO)?

Should I just use a minifridge and be stuck with only having 2 kegs at a time?

Should I just suck it up, put the top on some hinges, and just move all the pint glasses that that will be stored in the cubbys when I need to change kegs?

bar.jpg

Barback.jpg

Back