What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now drinking my home-brewed petite saison. Earlier today I was at Empire Brewing in Syracuse, NY enjoying many of their fine brew.

First time drinking this... I am a fan!! :ban:

bef7f7f8.jpg

Just finished Dechute's The Abyss. Thick and wickedly delicious. Makes me wonder what those who say "If beer is bread then Guinness is cake" would think of it.

Still has nothing on Odin's Tipple though...

Since Avery Maharaja has become available I pick up 3 bombers every time I see it (whether or not I need beer). Despite my best efforts to drink it, I'm accumulating a nice little stockpile for when it is no longer available.

I keep alternating between the maharaja and a different IPA. Currently It's modus hoperandus from Ska Brewing

Port City Essential Pale Ale. Out of the three of their beers I've tried (also had their Wit and their Porter, haven't yet had their IPA) this is the first to actually impress me. The others weren't bad, but weren't great either.

about a half case of PBR and a midas touch... it was too hot for much else.. finally above 90s in the PNW

started with a hop in the dark, first time I've tried that one.. very interesting style - I know not everyone likes it - but hoppy and roasty works for me - very nice. Putting a cascadian dark on my "to brew" list.

Moved back to Racer 5 after that. Niners looked good tonight, I need an IPA to celebrate :)

Just finished a stolen pint of my Amarillo IPA right out of the primary as I was transferring to secondary for dry hopping. Warm, flat and delicious.

Sitting in the bierhaus in cork city drinking brewdog's 5 am saint on tap- absolutely beautiful beer, much nicer on draught then bottles

Moved onto my freshly kegged Imperial Wit. She has only been forced carbed for 23 hours, so not quite ready, but the fact it is available via tap made it hard to sample. :ban:

bcaa28ba.jpg

Guinness Extra Stout my friend left over here. It at least exceeds my rather low expectations I had for it plus it was free so win win.

jvc,I'm truly jelous. I was at the wine room the other day,& saw the DFH Midas Touch;$14 per 4 pack. So I "settled" for Cooper's sparkling ale. It has a dark,earthy,fruity taste with a quenching brightness at the end. Not bad,just a bit darker earthiness than my OS lager brew. But come our anniversary next Saturday,momma's gettin the Midas Touch...!

jvc,I'm truly jelous. I was at the wine room the other day,& saw the DFH Midas Touch;$14 per 4 pack. So I "settled" for Cooper's sparkling ale. It has a dark,earthy,fruity taste with a quenching brightness at the end. Not bad,just a bit darker earthiness than my OS lager brew. But come our anniversary next Saturday,momma's gettin the Midas Touch...!

Nice!! It is a fantastic beer. It is ~$12 here. When I see it I usually buy 2-3 4 packs. In addition to this I bought, Jester King Wytchmaker (Texas Rye IPA) and Dogfish Squall and Anchor Steam Bear and Lindemanns Framboise and some others. Had to stock up for a few days. :D

One of my MOST FAVORITE DRINKS!!!! 1/2 Witbier (normally Hoegaarden) & Lindemans Framboise = Rosegaarden. This particular one is 50% my Imperial Wit & half Lindemans Framboise.... SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

13d9604f.jpg

The Buery:
- Loakal Red
- Mischief
- Saison Rue
- Saison De Lente
- Run BMC

Hair of the Dog Adam

Upright 4, 5, and 7

Got pretty lucky today

Stella Artois in a can wayy better as i tried a bottle of it in a resteraunt and didnt bother wasting my time finishing it.Try the can,plus its an attractive can.It actually is not skunked had head and lacing also could appreaciate the belgian aroma/pilsner sweetness lacking from the bottle.Glad i compared the two forgetting i bought a can of it and being disapointed in a Ruby Tuesdays that on the menue says "Dogfishhead 60 min ipa" nope neither was a SN pale ale that was listed on the menue, that with being seated by a door the employees were going in and out,waitress standing in front of our table messing with the tv with her remote trying to figure it out then blasting the channel for a customer accross the room,employess standing in the isle blocking tripps to the salad bar,what a bad experience that bottle was.Ill have it in the can at home-thanks.No dogfish 60 min no Ruby Tuesdays for me,Im screwed no dogfish in Iowa for me. No availibility guess ill have to make a road trip to Chicago to try to get it,damn popularity.

Hung out with the fellas yesterday afternoon. Had Stash IPA ( Independence Brewing in Austin) and Lawnmower (St. Arnold Brewing in Houston). I highly recommend the Lawnmower.

Back