Oxidation! help me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe1988

Reaction score
OK ANY WAY. bottled in pet bottles ok i pick up that box to put them in storage the bottom falls out shook the beer rly bad whats gonna happen is it gonna be oxidized and be ruined! also light there amber mr.beer bottles will light hurt them and some are rock hard no bubbles still coming up but others still show signs of yeast activity should i burp :confused: those bottles?

Don't burp them, you'll lose all the CO2. Don't get in a fret. There was only a tiny amount of oxygen in that headspace, and maybe none if it was used by the yeast. Don't worry so much, all will be fine.

EDIT: Rock hard is good, that means yeast has produced carbon dioxide (and a little bit more alcohol) from sugar. Amber bottles help keep light from impacting the beer, but it's best to keep the bottles in the dark.

My god you sound pretty shaken yourself...

You are totally fine and no oxydation will happen just by shaking bottles

that's yeast. it'll settle out when it's done. give it time; the standard rule of thumb before bottles are fully carbed is 3 WEEKS.

Back