Honey Weiss not carbonating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madpayas0

Reaction score
I brewed http://www.beertools.com/html/recipe.php?view=4572 at the end of August. Primary aged it for 4 weeks, as I am trying out not putting my beer into secondarys. Kegged and pressureized to 12psi and let sit for 2 weeks. I pulled off a few tasters and it tastes great. Problem is that it has been sitting on about 8lbs of CO2 in a keg now and the head is pathetic. So here is the question that I pose, is there any way to salvage this batch and get any kind of head on the beer?? Or am I gonna drink 15gal of beer with no head??

In your post, you say it's "sitting at 8 psi" now. That's not enough. Turn it back up to 12 psi, and keep it there! If you're turning it down to serve, either remember to turn it right back up, or get longer lines so you don't keep turning it down to serve and blow out the co2 all of the time.

As Yooper said...kick up the psi's. I am just getting back into brewing after a long lay off and alot of this is coming back to me. But that should do it from what I remember. If not, hey ...you can always add a dash of salt after you pour it. I know, time to duck but hey...it works and you get a head from it...:)

Back