My Homebrewpub (WIP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epically cool.

Thank you, sir. It's certainly starting to come together, but it still seems like it's going to be forever before I get it finished. Doing all the work yourself certainly saves money, but damn it takes a long time. :D

It's been much longer than that if you take into consideration all of the water problems that I had a couple years ago. At any rate, though, I started working on this side back in Dec. '09 and I'm a busy guy, so I'm pretty happy with the progress that I've been able to make so far.

The only completion date I've imposed is about the middle of September when I have my annual party. I should be done in plenty of time for that.

I should probably post some updated pics while I'm here...

Theater room still in process:
IMG_0266.jpg

Theater equipment:
bar4-18-10002.jpg

Front of the bar is trimmed out, foot rail installed:
bar4-18-10001.jpg

That concrete is going to reflect sound like a biznatch. Doing rugs or something?

Nice work on the bar front. Looks slick!

That concrete is going to reflect sound like a biznatch. Doing rugs or something?

Nice work on the bar front. Looks slick!

Rugs are my wife's department, so the jury is still out on that. :D

We've watched plenty of movies down there already and it sounds really good. I certainly don't have any complaints.

Hopefully you can get the thing finished before the lions win a Superbowl. (so you should have plenty of time)
Jokes aside it looks fantastic and what I dream of one day doing. Im like you in your earliest posts, and when I look at a house the first thing I look for is where I can brew, and where I can put in a bar.

You get massive bonus points for not only installing a urinal in your house, but installing an HDTV above it. That's so manly it hurts.

Work continues on this project. Here are a few updates:

Beer room:
IMG_0019.jpg

Bar with stainless foot rail:
bar4-18-10001.jpg

Theater equipment:
bar4-18-10002.jpg

I cant think of a better place to put my first post. "Im not worthy, Im not worthy!!!!"

This is awesome. Someone here with connections has to get you a BYO DIY article out of this when its done.

And here I thought I was clever... I put a used urinal in my tool shed I ripped out remodeling my churches bathroom.

By thinking in advance and having the main drain plumbed below the basement floor, or a pump like you mentioned. They also do grinder pumps so you can "up flush" a toilet.

Ok, silly question, but how do you drain a sink that is in the basement? I assume a pump like a sump pump, but are there other ways?

By thinking in advance and having the main drain plumbed below the basement floor, or a pump like you mentioned. They also do grinder pumps so you can "up flush" a toilet.

By using a little item called a "Laundry Tub Pump" or a "Laundry Sink Pump" or fitting a bathroom below grade with a Macerating toilet.

I use a Zoeller 105 for my bar sink but Flotec makes a good one too.

ECJgM_3zJbEBEDDZCUMZ5Hvwy0l1REWZUu1VkEtOKw82iwVHkRmvxMNpXWNQu17A-zSNTxachMYSscdJqE3t69WMfybv3uQF5FNje8kWvTL9jBehCfsCsTRwxceNgat9PYZILzr42AJ-M5btt9984r2AJ8Ux

I had a grinder pump installed in a sump pit when the house was built. I had plumbing run in/under the concrete floor for the bathroom. The beer room sink and the bar sink are within 10' of the grinder/lift pump, so all I had to do was plumb them into the pump.

All of the drains aren't done yet, so I just have a bucket under the brew room sink temporarily.

OK--I have to agree with everyone in this thread so far--this is one of the best basement revisions I have EVER seen! Absolutely awesome--I can't wait to see it finished!

OK--I have to agree with everyone in this thread so far--this is one of the best basement revisions I have EVER seen! Absolutely awesome--I can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks! Work has almost completely stopped the last few weeks with 2 kids playing softball and me coaching one of the teams, but softball is over in 2 weeks and I'll start pounding away at this again. I have about 3 months to get it all done before a party in September.

I've posted the latest update on my youtube channel for those that are interested (thanks to some inspiration from terpsichoreankid, who I subscribe to on youtube... I recommend that anyone reading this do the same).

DIY series to come on pouring the concrete countertops and building the cooling chamber...I would appreciate your comments, ratings and subscriptions... Prost!

Last edited by a moderator:
dude that thing is freaking amazing, everything I see stuff like this it really makes me wish I didnt live in texas and that I had a basement.

Thanks, guys. Updates have been made, including getting the urinal hung and pouring concrete countertops, but I'm going to hold off on updates until after my annual party in September because there's 6 or so homebrewing forum guys from out of state that will be attending the party and I don't want to give everything away before they get here.

Actually, I just realized that these have already been posted, just not here:

Bathroom progress:

Pubbathroom5-23-10001.jpg

Pubbathroom5-23-10002.jpg

Urinal7-16-10.jpg

My urinal is happy that it will soon have a TV over it:
Urinal7-23-10.jpg

Started on the cooling chamber. It ends up just a bit over 32 cubic feet.

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

I still have to get the FRP installed, but I dry fit some kegs and fermenters in there after I got the insulation up to see how much room I would have.
IMG_0032.jpg

Dorm freezer (same size as the Sanyo that a lot of us have converted into a kegerator) at the open end where I took the picture.

Salad 419 from the Hops Shack delivered some equipment yesterday and hung around and helped me get the QD's hooked up.

Bag o' shanks:
coolingchamberhardware8-17-10001.jpg

12-way gas manifold:
coolingchamberhardware8-17-10002.jpg

4-way gas manifold:
coolingchamberhardware8-17-10003.jpg

Gas lines (mostly) ready to go, and the dual body regulator:
coolingchamberhardware8-17-10004.jpg

Beer lines:
coolingchamberhardware8-17-10005.jpg

Also included is a 20# CO2 tank.

Looking awesome. Anyway to get more info on the poured concrete tops? How you poured the form, how much it weighed, and any info you have or help you may offer. I want to look at this as an option for my current bar build. I'll have a 6'x8' L shaped top that will be 24" deep.

Looking awesome. Anyway to get more info on the poured concrete tops? How you poured the form, how much it weighed, and any info you have or help you may offer. I want to look at this as an option for my current bar build. I'll have a 6'x8' L shaped top that will be 24" deep.

I took some video as I was doing the last one and plan on doing a some videos on the counter tops and the cooling chamber on my youtube channel. I'm not sure when I'll have them done, but I'll post them here when I have them ready.

It's looking awesome- I especially love the kegerator. I have a couple of dorm fridges that I haven't converted. I wonder if I could do something similar with them? I don't need 10 taps, but it would be nice to have two or three without putting a tower on my dorm fridge. I could build a cold box, and just use the dorm fridge at the back maybe. Did you add some fans to move air?

The unit I'm using is dorm size, but the whole thing is a freezer. I've talked to a couple HVAC guys and they think that it will be able to do the job just fine. I don't plan on hooking up any fans, but I will later if I need to.

the back of the tap tower:
chamberandtaps9-6-2010001.jpg

Bar side off the tower:
chamberandtaps9-6-2010002.jpg

The freezer is all setup and has the cooling chamber just about the temp I want:
chamberandtaps9-6-2010003.jpg

Beer lines coming into the cooling chamber:
chamberandtaps9-6-2010004.jpg

Gas manifolds and lines are installed and tested:
chamberandtaps9-6-2010005.jpg

wow man, this thing looks awesome. I'm definitely going to take some pointers from your remodel to use them on my future plans !!!

Did you use MFL fittings for all your hoses or are you clamped with male spigot fittings? I am building a similar setup (only 6 gas) and noticed small leaks when using MFL and clamps.

Back