So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my yeast out of the fridge to warm up while I cook 5lbs of cut red potatoes for a large bowl of tater salad. South western black beans from scratch,& 3 slabs of Memphis style ribs.
I'll be brewing my 1st IPA with 6oz of hops while trying to keep up with prep,cooking,& the bbq pit. Actually a full day of things I like doing! Pit bbq,brewing beer,2 diff hb beers in the fridge too! Maybe even make some corn bread to go with them beans,with their chipotle/adobo sauce goodness.

I took my yeast out of the fridge to warm up while I cook 5lbs of cut red potatoes for a large bowl of tater salad. South western black beans from scratch,& 3 slabs of Memphis style ribs.
I'll be brewing my 1st IPA with 6oz of hops while trying to keep up with prep,cooking,& the bbq pit. Actually a full day of things I like doing! Pit bbq,brewing beer,2 diff hb beers in the fridge too! Maybe even make some corn bread to go with them beans,with their chipotle/adobo sauce goodness.

Sounds like a very good time!!

just started getting things ready for an amber ale. :mug:
i'll get the brew done this morning so i could pay closer attention to smoking a pork loin this afternoon. :D

Brewed up a nice Wheat with some sweet orange peel at the end of the boil this morning. Pitched it onto about half a cake of US-05 from the batch I bottled up at 6am.

Expecting to start seeing some action in the fermenter in a couple of hours.

Man, that must have been some kind of fermentation going on in that bucket!

Just popped the top on the bucket to take a peek and less than twenty four hours after pitching on the yeast cake the krausen has already dropped and the gravity has gone from 1.047 to 1.018.

Well,my red potatoes are almost done. Then I can get my starter going,& put the BK on the stove. I'm hoping it doesn't rain. It's not supposed to,but it looks like it could.
I got 3 slabs of ribs going in the pit around 1pm.:rockin::cross:

an almost 8 hour, close to 100F brew day today. Done brewing two batches and now I'm having my first beer of the day.

Brewed a Foreign Extra Stout yesterday.

47 SRM.

zlunwn.jpg

9k2vc2.jpg

M_C

Boy,is that a dark one. I pitched the starter on my IPA after getting an OG of 1.050 @ 6pm. Good thing I rigged a blow off,it's out-gassing pretty hard right now. Cool to have my fermenter stand next to the computer. I get to smell & listen while I'm on here.
I've got 4.5oz of three hops in there too. I'll be dry hoping with 1.5oz more of all three hops. That works out to 1oz hops per gallon of wort. Should be deliciously intense. I got the malt profile close to what Sam at DFH uses for his.

7/4/2011 was an epic brew day for me, 10 gallon all grain Belgian Pale Ale, 10 gallon all grain Vanilla Porter, 5 gallon extract kit Belgian Wit. 25 gallons to the fermentors.

My pipline is running low, wasnt planing on brewing this weekend, and didnt really have time so I grabed a no-boil muntons wheat beer kit, my first time using one of those, Im planning on adding some raspberry puree to it and make a raspberry wheat. I needed the time to finnish my mashtun, so I can do my munich helles hopfully in the next week or two.

I'll be doing my pale ale tomorrow, the last competition beer for this year I think.

I am taking Friday off. I am trying to decide whether to brew or road trip 2-3 breweries. That still leaves Saturday to brew. I have people begging for Belgian Wit but I want a Saison and an Octoberfest and a Christmas Beer and . . .

It's the weekend somewhere... I think. Maybe in the southern hemisphere? Isn't everything backwards there?

Anyways, brewing my pale ale for competition. I'm hoping to break 40pts in scoring (last version got an average of 38.5 with a 39 and a 38 ). Here goes nothing!

I've gone two for two for the past two days and am going for three for three. Tonight I'm going to brew up some type of PA using Styrian Goldings and Saaz. Not sure exactly what kind, but I'll give it a whirl.

B

Brewing an amber ale with Simcoe and Amarillo. It's my second all grain batch, and my fifth batch overall. I'll be using harvested yeast for the first time.

Just got done doughing in the belgian wit, once this mash is done I'm starting the mash for my RIS and then getting the boil going for the wit. Going to be one long brew day, 2 6 gallon batches.

Not me. Gotta strong ale goin.Gonna enjoy the sun for once. Gotta scottish shillings lined up next weekend 60.70.90? who knows.whatever it wants to be.

I have a boner right now FYI. After my first AG last week getting like 50% efficiency. This week I was given a corona and crushed my own. 78% efficiency! If this tastes good I am going to be so stoked.

I have a boner right now FYI. After my first AG last week getting like 50% efficiency. This week I was given a corona and crushed my own. 78% efficiency! If this tastes good I am going to be so stoked.

Sweet i finally sucked it up and spent some$ and got a victoria mill,i just cant believe i want to wait another week to use it. I must have a partial boner right now.

jonmohno said:
Sweet i finally sucked it up and spent some$ and got a victoria mill,i just cant believe i want to wait another week to use it. I must have a partial boner right now.

Check my getgo set up lol. It was missing the cup and the grain was flying everywhere so...

The to go cup gave me enough to put in a pound at a time.

image-2753949012.jpg

I'm looking at a batch of witbier. Not sure how much yet at this point. My 10gal fermentor is currently full. I might rack this saison into two different carboys to let the brett finish up. Then I can clean and sanitize the 10gal fermentor well and utilize it for the wit.

Back