So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewenstein said:
Brewed an Arrogant Bastard clone this morning. Looking forward to it in a couple of months :mug:!

I've brewed a AB clone before, drink it young, it taste much better.

JonM said:
Doing the fifth incarnation of a Maris Otter lawnmower recipe that I've been tinkering with all year. It's thiiiis close to being a perfect recipe.

Please share once it's perfected. Thanks.

Kolsch early Sunday morning before the garage hits 100F. This afternoon the thermometer on my mash tun showed 114F

shouldn't be a problem. it'll warm up enough for the yeast to do it's thing soon, when summer hits. :D it's only 105 here during the hot part of the day, so i'm brewing my english old ale when it gets warm, like 7 a.m.

1.130 barley wine (which'll be ready for Xmas)... I can't overstate the shock I experienced when I opened up my NB package and unwrapped the 5000 mL flask for our big beers. My god. What have I DONE?!!

Aye, she'll be good in about 6 months (maybe not in time for Xmas per se, but close to it). I'll take a pic of my jubilation when the keg's getting tapped and that first glass is being poured :p

5 gallons of ordinary bitter this weekend. Maris Otter malt with a pound of crystal 45. Fuggles hops. 1882 yeast. Single infusion mash = nice easy brewday!

Just finished a stout with 7lbs M.O. -1/2 lb chocolate malt-7oz roasted barley-4oz 55 crystal with east kent goloden and corn suger @60 min then centennial and irish moss @15 min. Some APA help along the way--all cleaned up and time for the rack.

Despite disliking Belgian yeast, in may I made my first Saison. I'll be brewing my third on Sunday. I guess you could say I'm hooked on 'em now!

Just brewed a Pale Ale yesterday and an IPA tonight. Gonna brew another pale ale and an IIPA in the next few days to stock up for the first couple weeks of football season. Go Gators!

Doing a Honey Amber either tomorrow or Monday, depending on whether I can convince the wife that I need to buy another keg. Then an oatmeal IPA hopefully...Amber either way, I'd just like to come back from vacation to 2 beers being ready to keg and bottle.

Finishing up a 10G batch of Summer Pale right now with Citra and Sorachi Ace late hops and doing a German Hef Sat or Sunday. Might split the Hef batch and put half on Blackberry Puree

Brewing a Rye Pale Ale, kegging and IPA and a Blonde Ale, then I'll have 3 fermentors empty. I better get busy.

Hefe time!

image-3027170189.jpg

Finishing up a 10G batch of Summer Pale right now with Citra and Sorachi Ace late hops and doing a German Hef Sat or Sunday. Might split the Hef batch and put half on Blackberry Puree

+2 on the pale ale,the hops flavors should be great. I've been wanting to try the Sorachie Ace in my IPA with Columbus & Cascade.

Just finished up my Kolsch. Used Jamil's recipe, with the exception of using Saphir hops instead of his suggested Noble Hop varietal. Only hit 71% efficiency, but I came up a little short in final volume, 5 gallons vs. my expected 5.25g. Either way I think it should turn out good. Everything else went spot on. Plan on fermenting at 58°F with some Wyeast 1007 German Ale Yeast.

Chilling 11 gallons of English mild. Pitching s04 in one bucket and 3787 (High grab trappist) in the other to build up yeast for a dubbel.

Brewed 15 gallons of Kolsch last night. Man is it hot here in Texas.

I used my Fermenteezer to get my wort to pitching temps and pitched the yeast this morning. Both Yeast starter and wort were the same temps.

Now to start planning the Oktoberfest Ale that will go on the yeast cake of these beers.

Brewed 15 gallons of Kolsch last night. Man is it hot here in Texas.

I used my Fermenteezer to get my wort to pitching temps and pitched the yeast this morning. Both Yeast starter and wort were the same temps.

Now to start planning the Oktoberfest Ale that will go on the yeast cake of these beers.

Your kolsch recipe is next on my list! I might use the cake for your oktoberfest too

did 5 gallons of English pale ale today.

I've decided that I'm buying a new propane burner. My current one just isnt worth squat.

You Belgian Sour Pale sounds good too. I think a lighly soured Belgian Pale would make a great summer beer, of course that one prob has to age a bit unless you are only souring the mash.

Cheers

I'm going to age it until next summer:rockin:

i'm planning to brew a small batch of oktoberfest in the morning. then in tomarrow afternoon, i'm planning to bottle my amber ale that i brewed a couple weeks ago. :mug:

I'm glad cooper's ale yeast is temp forgiving,even as a starter. My IPA's 1st FG test yesterday giving me 5.7% so far. No funky flavors. Still waiting for the weather to cool down a might before I have my wife brew her next batch. It's supposed to be 89 today,90 tomorrow,& 93 the next day. Dang a/c just had to fubar...

Back