So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing my pumpkin beer this weekend. I have a nice starter of Denny's Fave 50 going, which is apparently not very popular at my LHBS since it turned out to be from February.

Brewing my 2 Buds IIPA

Fermentables
US 2-Row Malt 14.00 lb
US Caramel 40L Malt 2.00 lb

Hops
Variety Alpha Amount IBU Form When
US Simcoe 14.0 % 29 g 34.3 Bagged Whole Hops 60 Min From End
US Amarillo 5.0 % 28 g 13.2 Bagged Pellet Hops 60 Min From End
US Simcoe 14.0 % 14 g 10.1 Bagged Whole Hops 20 Min From End
US Simcoe 14.0 % 14 g 6.0 Bagged Whole Hops 10 Min From End

I'll be brewing a Vienna/Amarillo SMaSH on Sunday. Looking to smoke a pork shoulder at the same time and have some pulled pork all set for the 4th.

I have 2x5 gallon mashes going as I type, of the Belgian persuasion. Letting them mash overnight, then sparge in the am.

I want to get my 1st IPA going this weekend. I've got my Sunset Gold APA recipe that I'm going to change the hop schedule on. I've got 6oz of hops (2oz each) Cascade leaf,Columbus pellets,& Nugget pellets.
Just need to work out a hop schedule.

having about 5-6 guys over that have never brewed. they will be here in about half a hour should probably figure out just shat we are going to brew.

deremer said:
having about 5-6 guys over that have never brewed. they will be here in about half a hour should probably figure out just shat we are going to brew.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. JK. I've invited people to come see how brews are made but I never have any takers. They just want to drink the end product.

bmason1623 said:
Too many cooks spoil the broth. JK. I've invited people to come see how brews are made but I never have any takers. They just want to drink the end product.

Haha, luckily for me most of my biggest "customers" are also eager to learn how to do it themselves. There are also the ones with whom conversations go as follows.

Me: "Making an IPA tomorrow, come over and hang/help out if you want."
Them: "When will it be drinkable?"
Me: "Month and a half-ish."
Them: "Cool, call me then."

I usually bring it up again the day after the keg kicks.

Just finished up 10gal of a Lady Liberty cream ale. Loosely based on the Weed Picker recipe in this month's BYO.

Brewing up some O'Dark:30 from a recipe in a recent BYO. Never tried it before but it sounded like something I'd like.

Just finished my Amarillo Rye Ale and all set for a Munich SmaSh tomorrow morning.

Now I am enjoying some APA HB after a long day brewing, sweet :D

Brewed my 3rd batch, a NB extract cream ale. Started making starters on my 2nd batch, best decision ever! Fermentation takes off in just a couple hours, no worrying for days if the yeast was good or not.

5 Gallons of American Amber Ale - 2Row, 60L, Victory Malt
Magnum bittering, Cascade .25oz every min @15 - 1min, 1/2oz @Flame out.
1oz Cascade or Crystal (didn't decide yet) Dry Hop x7 days.

We'll see..........

Did an early morning brew of my amber today, then took some of the spent grains and second runnings to get some bread ready to bake tomorrow.

Me Too! Gonna be brewing my first AG Monday. Gonna go with Edworts Haus Pale hoping for an easy victory. Gotta get things set up and organized today and start brewing early tomorrow, wish me luck!

Kolsch baby. Kolsch.

image-1779212357.jpg

Kegging an ESB and an american wheat today. Will probably brew an IPA today then maybe a Centennial Blonde tomorrow. Or maybe a lager using dry lager yeast for the first time ever...

bartbert said:
Brewing up some O'Dark:30 from a recipe in a recent BYO. Never tried it before but it sounded like something I'd like.

I brewed this and it was excellent. I am planning on brewing ten more gallons soon. My buddy Matt is a brewer at Oakshire. I had never tasted the real O'dark 30 until after my keg was empty. I had to call Eugene and have a case shipped (I live near Chicago). My clone was really damn close but, I think I will double the dry hop next time around.

burninmules said:
I brewed this and it was excellent. I am planning on brewing ten more gallons soon. My buddy Matt is a brewer at Oakshire. I had never tasted the real O'dark 30 until after my keg was empty. I had to call Eugene and have a case shipped (I live near Chicago). My clone was really damn close but, I think I will double the dry hop next time around.

That's great to hear. It's bubbling away in the fermenter now, so I'm really looking forward to giving it a try. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to try the real thing.

Brewed up a nice Wheat with some sweet orange peel at the end of the boil this morning. Pitched it onto about half a cake of US-05 from the batch I bottled up at 6am.

Expecting to start seeing some action in the fermenter in a couple of hours.

I just bottled my Whiskely Ale yesterday,finished clean up this morning. Was going to start my 1st IPA today,but it took until a little bit ago to figure out a decent hop schedule to try. I'll git-r-done in the morning,should be about ready to pitch by the time I need to fire up the pit.

Just doughed in on my Vienna/Amarillo SMaSH. Smells great in the front yard already. 5 gal batch with 10lbs Vienna. Gonna use 1oz amarillo FWH, 0.5oz 15 min, 0.5 oz 5 min. Then I'll dry hop with another 1.0oz.

At the same time, I have a pork shoulder smoking in the backyard for pulled pork sandwiches tomorrow. So, no matter which door I exit my house from, it smells delicious.

Just finished my second batch this weekend

40% adjunct without any problems, God I love my rig :)

Back