St Louis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shutterbug_2

Reaction score
My wifey and I are headed to St. Louis next weekend. She said she wanted to visit some micro breweries. Anyone have one that we realy should visit?

+1 on the buttwiper tour. We did it last time we were there. Pretty awesome to see the scale at which they brew at. Plus you get free beer at the end. Freeeeeeeeeeeee...
I know there are some other good ones, just haven't had a chance to sample them.

+1 on Schalfly. There are two locations, Tap Room (pub vibe) downtown and Bottleworks (modern brewery vibe) in Maplewood.

Two of my other favorites:

Urban Chestnut Brewing - Lots of neat beers to taste; haven't found a bad one yet. Food is snacky tasting type stuff, not dinner.

Ferguson Brewing - A big variety of good beer and great food. There's a great custard/ice cream shop up the street for dessert.

There are also a bunch of new micro-brew places that opened in the last 6 months that I haven't made it to. Plenty of opportunities to explore.

+1 to Shlafly

The Butweiser tour is worth going on if Inbev hasn't shut it down as a cost savings. In college i went on it every time I was in St. Lou, They used to have most anything bud made including their foreign beers so its not like you have to drink bud light

+1 on Schlafly Bottleworks, and there's one in Old Town St. Charles, but their name escapes me at the moment. AB tour is always a good bet.

Thanks everyone. Went to Morgan Street Brewery. Also had a beer from Shafley's. Enjoyed our trip.

Latest posts

Back