Something I am learning about myself...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I'm considerably less grumpy when I have eaten something. This morning a simple egg sandwich instantly took me from wild man to contributing member of society.

Maybe I have low blood sugar or something.

I will say that I did take delight in something I saw this morning, that many might consider to be mean spirited. Some dapper yutz had his ipod buds and put his cigarette in his mouth. Backwards. A woman of what appeared to be lower economic standing tried to point this out to him, kindly. He smiled sarcastically and shook his head, assuming she was asking to mooch a stogie. She tells him again, and points. He now loudly and sarcastically shakes his head and says "I just told you I dont!"

Then he lit the cigarette filter. :rockin:

I think if I had a choice of this or being caught in the first annual women's topless bicycle ride I would gladly choose to see the look on this guy's face again.

I'm not so pleasant to be around when I'm hungry (or really tired) either. I'm like a bear just out of hibernation sometimes.

That's pretty amusing. I'd like to see that too, though I think I'd choose differently in your hypothetical scenario. Boobs are always better than ********.

I'm considerably less grumpy when I have eaten something. This morning a simple egg sandwich instantly took me from wild man to contributing member of society.

Maybe I have low blood sugar or something.

I will say that I did take delight in something I saw this morning, that many might consider to be mean spirited. Some dapper yutz had his ipod buds and put his cigarette in his mouth. Backwards. A woman of what appeared to be lower economic standing tried to point this out to him, kindly. He smiled sarcastically and shook his head, assuming she was asking to mooch a stogie. She tells him again, and points. He now loudly and sarcastically shakes his head and says "I just told you I dont!"

Then he lit the cigarette filter. :rockin:

I think if I had a choice of this or being caught in the first annual women's topless bicycle ride I would gladly choose to see the look on this guy's face again.

I've done that before. It is a stupid feeling.

I once found a cigarette with a lit filter end while my friend and I were cleaning up after his brothers party when we were young. Funny, but we were too busy collecting returnable beer cans and remembering the fun we had the night before with all of those crazy older kids. He was big and his name was Oliver. I was thin and my name was Jim, but that night everyone called us Stan and Ollie...

I grew up poor. My brother and I used to pilfer butts out of theater ashtrays, re-light them and finish them. We both had scorched eyelashes and eyebrows from trying to light 1" long stubs with lighters. We later got a rolling machine and papers and would just twist the used tobacco out of a bunch of them to make full-sized smokes.

(as an aside, my brother would later lose all his eyelashes and eyebrow hair in an unfortunate plaster-of-paris incident, but that's another story)

I grew up poor. My brother and I used to pilfer butts out of theater ashtrays, re-light them and finish them. We both had scorched eyelashes and eyebrows from trying to light 1" long stubs with lighters. We later got a rolling machine and papers and would just twist the used tobacco out of a bunch of them to make full-sized smokes.

(as an aside, my brother would later lose all his eyelashes and eyebrow hair in an unfortunate plaster-of-paris incident, but that's another story)

You could smoke in a theater??

Dude, how old are you??

:p

You could smoke in a theater??

Dude, how old are you??

:p

Not THAT old. We got the stubs from everywhere, but there was a playhouse nearby and the lobby ashtrays always had the best pickings. You know, folks running out during intermissions, hotboxing half a smoke, and squashing them out in the kitty litter. If you were lucky it was still smoldering and you didn't have to risk the facial hair :eek:

I do remember smoking on a commercial jet. That one's hard to believe.

I get mean when I'm hungry..after I eat, I'm like a new man. My fiance carries snacks in her purse when we are out and about. Those snickers commercials couldn't be more true. I've lost 70lbs over the past two years so I've been less than pleasant those two years. I'm almost at my goal so I'm looking forward to not being a mood swinging *****.

If I don't have food in me - I'm not grumpy, but get cold like crazy! A big bag of GORP in the work vehicle is a lifesaver!

I'm not as bad as an ex-GF of mine. She would pass out if she hadn't eaten enough, recently enough. The kicker - her food/sugar needs peaked during physical activity and times of intense emotion...it was during that period of my life that I started carrying a bag of GORP...

Back