Oven Roasted Lamb Shanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
So I took this recipe from Bobby Flay. Watched it on Boy Meets Grill. Here it is.

3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 lamb shanks
2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups Port wine
1 cup red wine
4 cups chicken stock or water
Roasted Garlic, recipe follows
Toasted Orzo Pasta, recipe follows
Slow Roasted Tomatoes, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat oil in a medium Dutch oven over high heat until smoking. Season the shanks on both sides with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown on both sides. Remove shanks to a plate. Add the celery, carrots, and onions and cook until caramelized. Add the Port and red wine and reduce by half. Add the chicken stock, the pulp from the roasted garlic, and return the shanks; bring to a boil on the stove, and then cover and bake in the oven for 2 hours or until tender. Remove shanks, strain sauce into a medium saucepan, and reserve 1 cup of the braising liquid for cooking the orzo. Cook the sauce over high heat until liquid is reduced by half. Serve shanks with sauce, orzo, and tomatoes.

Making some orzo, and roasted tomatoes to go with it. I think Im gonna pair this with my Robust Porter. Should be a great meal.

This was a great dinner. The Lamb shanks were great, and paired very nice with my Porter. Heres a pic. Its not a great one, I took it with my phone, but its the best I could do.

Back