Slow leak in Beer side Ball lock Connector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
Found a slow leak in a black beer side ball lock connector, leak seems to be coming from top of connector. anyone experience this?

I've ordered a replacement,... everything on the post looked fine. I did have it not flow right at first, reseated and it flowed fine. after the weekend I discovered a few ounces of beer in bottom of kegerator. Didn't see any cracks or anything out of the ordinary. Since disconnecting connector, leak has stopped.

If any one has fixed a problem on a connector like this it would be great to have a spare coupler with the screw in connection, other wise she's getting tossed when new two come in. I ordered a spare this time)

disconnect worked fine with a previous keg. this is a recent event. I'll try to tighten it when I get home, or if that doesn't look for a new gasket or steal one from barbed connector.

Thanks broke down my kegs to see how they go back together, didn't think to do the connectors! thanks!

You may already know this... There's a slot on top of most connectors. Tighten it down slightly and see if it helps.

M_C

THANK YOU!!!!!! all my connections were leaking couldn't figure out why, stuck a flat screw driver in the top slots they were all loose... never knew you could tighten those!! thanks!!

Back