Where to get ball lock conversion kit for kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 337266

Reaction score
I didnt know if you guys recommended a certain brand or website to order ball lock adapter for kegerator. I have a kegerator I have used for years on sanke kegs but I just started homebrewing and picked up a couple of corny kegs with ball connectors and need to convert it. Thanks for any info.

I need the disconnects that connect to the post on the ball connections of the keg. Are the lines the same diameter already to convert to the ball lock disconnects.

?

If the beer line(s) you are using with your existing sanke system pour well you just need to buy ball lock gas and beer QDs with 1/4" mfl stems and a pair of the adapters above, unscrew your beer lines from your sanke tap, screw on the adapters, then screw in the QDs, and snap them on a properly carbonated ball lock keg of beer and you're in business...

Cheers!

If you're homebrewing now and "picked up a couple of corny kegs with ball connectors" then it's likely you'll be primarily serving from ball lock kegs and sanke will be the odd man out. I recommend converting your lines to ball lock and getting the adapters in my original link for the occasional sanke keg you may be serving. Once you're changed over, you'll find that ball lock connections are a lot more versatile to home brewers.

The main questions you need to answer for yourself (and us to make a recommendation):

1. Do you plan to stop using Sanke kegs forever and just use Ball Lock kegs from now on?
2. Do you want to be able to switch back and forth easily?

The link to the product that day tripper posted will let you thread your existing hoses directly onto ball lock QDs to use on ball lock kegs WITHOUT cutting your lines or permanently converting anything.

Better yet, watch this and then thank me for the info by buying whatever you decide on BrewHardware.com

The main questions you need to answer for yourself (and us to make a recommendation):

1. Do you plan to stop using Sanke kegs forever and just use Ball Lock kegs from now on?

The link to the product that day tripper posted will let you thread your existing hoses directly onto ball lock QDs to use on ball lock kegs WITHOUT cutting your lines or permanently converting anything.

Better yet, watch this and then thank me for the info by buying whatever you decide on BrewHardware.com

Great video. Clearly demonstrates all the options for the OP.

Already ordered from the website. Got shipping notification yesterday. Only thing that was out of stock was the 5/16-1/4 barb.

Back