Visiting Seattle - What to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Three_Trees

Reaction score
I will be taking a trip to Seattle at the end of March. This will be my first time there so any suggestions on sights to see, places to stay, food, brews, etc?

Dunno if Mt. Rainier visitors center will be open by then, but its awesome. The space needle is neat, but dinner is meh. There are a ton of great restaurants downtown. I heard Naked City brewing had some nice beers, but never been there myself. Owner is a member here.

Don't miss Naked City--and hit up Don for a list of can't miss places. Next time we go we'll hit a few we missed. Next time I go I'm going to Brouwers for sure, I've heard it is cool.

We also visited Pike's Pub and Elysian, they were both great.

Beatles Dude - awesome, awesome pic on your profile. Go Donks...

Yes again to Naked City. Right down the road from my old house. Look up the drunk surgeon at the end of the bar. That's my brother who's still in Seattle.

Maritime brewing = great beer good food
blue star = great selecton on tap good food
The Fidler = pizza joint with live music
Big Time Brewing = younger crowd good beer good food

Bottle works = if you want to take beer home they have a great selection

I can send directions if you PM. I know there is a ton more this just off the top of my head

Good luck

There's no beer in Seattle, I drank it all.

Just kidding, your options are insane.

Naked City
Pike Brewing
Pyramid Brewing
Elysian Brewing
Laughing Buddha Brewing
Hales
Brouwers

And that's just a few.

Another interesting place is Zayda Buddy's Pizza Bar. It is styled after a Midwestern dive bar type of place I guess. They serve tater-tot hotdish, tuna casserole and deep fried cheeseburgers. It was pretty cool. IIRC correctly, it is pretty close to a brewery too, so it may be worth the trip to scout out the area.

Thanks, this is a great list for a fun adventure. I'm actually going to Seattle for a wedding and I've never met bride or groom (my girlfriend's good friends), so I'm hoping to find myself a good time throughout the weekend. I don't plan on renting a car, so how's public transit?

Thanks, this is a great list for a fun adventure. I'm actually going to Seattle for a wedding and I've never met bride or groom (my girlfriend's good friends), so I'm hoping to find myself a good time throughout the weekend. I don't plan on renting a car, so how's public transit?

Bus system will take you all over and it's cheap. Many breweries and pubs are right in downtown and within walking distance of eachother.

Our public transit isn't that good, but like McKBrew said, most of the pubs are in the downtown area and there are lots of busses that run down there.

Mount Rainier is FAR from Seattle, don't bother, especially in March. It'll cold, rainy, and snowy. There's the Pike Place Market that may be in full swing by March that's fun to go to if you don't mind insane crowds. They have some amazing fresh produce and ridiculous knick nacks you'll be pissed you wasted your money on.

The Washington Brewer's guild has a list of all the WBG breweries in the Seattle area to make your touring a little easier.

For lunch one day, try to make to to Salumi. I still haven't because I avoid downtown, but it's Mario Batali's dad's sandwich shop/deli. Apparently there's an obscenely long line, but it's worth it.

Back