Dogfish Head (Fort) Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagsworth

Reaction score
Does anyone have a partial mash clone recipe for Dogfish Head's Fort beer. This beer is made with pureed raspberries if that helps anyone. I need to start working on my summer beers and this is the one I want to start with, if anyone can help please give me any info you can.

I guess I did not do my research on that particular beer yet. Wife recommended it cause we both love dogfish head beer, sounded summery but I guess not. Still if anyone has the recipe or link to it I am still interested in trying to brew it maybe let it sit for a while. any other good summer recipes anyone wants to recommend please do.

Yeah, that h'aint no summer beer. If you want a refreshing raspberry summer brew, just make a standard-issue witbier (which, IMHO, is the best base for almost all fruit beers), and add raspberries. I'd also suggest using sweet orange peel in addition to bitter.

I haven't seen a recipe for the Fort yet, sorry.

I'm with Evan! on the Wit beer. They are my favorite summer ales. I also like a good Belgian Blonde.

Gotta kick this up only because I just spent $17 on a bottle of this stuff. WTF? It was HOT alcohol, no balance, and something I'd hardly catagorize as a beer. Never again.

I know this is an old post and all, but if anyone has come up with anything pertaining to this recipe I'd be really interested in it, as Fort is one of my favorite beers and I can't afford to pay $150 a case for it since I'm a broke college student. :D

Latest posts

Back