One Meat Forever...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One meat forever?

• Beef

• Chicken / Turkey

• Pork

• Fish

• Shell Fish

• Wild Game (please specify)

• Other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

pm5k00

Reaction score
So I was at my In Laws awhile back and i posed the question, If you could only eat one kind of meat for the rest of your life what would you pick? I have grouped a few different animals together for simplicity but please post you answer too.

-------------------------
I picked pork, I love me some pork ribs, carnitas, and bacon.

Poll fail.

[Edit: I see it is now fixed]

Which one do I choose for hot dogs? I don't see raccoon listed there.

bacon. obviously. but bacon can come from several animals, so did i break the poll?

homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you saying you're *never* going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
lisa: No.
homer: Ham?
lisa: No.
homer: Pork chops?
lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!
homer: [chuckles] yeah, right lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

Bacon is pretty awesome, but honestly, I don't think I could live without ham or porkchops. There's just so much you could do with it all. I gotta vote for pork.

I loves me some turkey, but around the third day after thanksgiving I kinda get sick of the turkey leftovers, so I'm sure I'd be able to live without that. Don't care for seafood of any type so that's an easy decision. Beef is beef, there's a few cuts that are tasty, but most of it is pretty plain.

Where's the option for Tofu?....I jest...I went with fish, it's so versitile you could really make a dish to resemble any meat you wish.

Fish.

I'd flat out die without the fish.

In full disclosure though i gave up 4 legged animals just over 3 years ago after suffering the worlds nastiest case of food poisoning from a pork sausage.

I BBQ all the time, and grew up on a beef/pork farm. I only eat animals that walk on 4 legs. I can do without beef but not pork. I do not eat fowl of any sort. There is a reason it has that name. Also, I will eat walleye if just caught, but otherwise, I'm not a fish eater either. I do eat venison also.

bacon. obviously. but bacon can come from several animals, so did i break the poll?

Turkey bacon is not bacon. I love how they say its healthier than real bacon. By adding other crap to it. Sheeple. I despise turkey, the turkey industry and Tyson foods.

I'm stunned to see poultry winning. I suppose you can do a lot of things with it, but it doesn't taste like much.

Turkey bacon is not bacon. I love how they say its healthier than real bacon. By adding other crap to it. Sheeple. I despise turkey, the turkey industry and Tyson foods.

buffalo bacon. it's fantastic.

If fish and shellfish were lumped together I might have gone that direction, but it will have to be pork. So many different cuts and so many different ways to cook them.

Chicken/Turkey, it can turn be turned into anything. Mitch Hedberg had a joke about it. Couldn't find it though.

Fish. I love pork in about every form, but the idea of no longer having access to sushi, smoked salmon, or fish tacos just about makes me cry.

Chicken/Turkey, it can turn be turned into anything. Mitch Hedberg had a joke about it. Couldn't find it though.

I agree. Poultry is a lot more versatile than other meats. The novelty of eating pork every day would eventually wear off. It might take three or four years, but eventually. Chicken's boring by itself, but you can basically do anything with it except make a steak or bacon.

Had to go with pork. I was thinking about bacon, ham, pork chops, sausage, canitas, etc. Can't go wrong with pig!

Beef.
Steak, burger, tacos, chili, meatloaf (although I make mine 1/2 beef 1/2 pork), roast, briscket, good'all spaghetti w/meat, and here is the best one: a beef tartare.

Schwein. Zee Jermins love zee Schwein oder little piggies.

Pork Tenderloins
Pork Loins
Pork Chops
Schnitzles
Sausage
Baby Back Ribs
St. Louis style ribs
Ham Hocks
Pigs Knuckles
Bacon
Pulled Pork
Ham
Ground Pork
Mettwurst
Roasts
Pork Rinds
Pork Jerky

you know, threads like these are great.

gets you thinking about how to break the weekday dinner monotony.

also, my answer is beef.

the thought of never having bacon again was mitigated by the thought of having steak tartare with crusty baguette for breakfast.

Anyone who says anything other than pork hasn't thought things through. A world without pork is a world without sausage. Even if you make it from another animal you still need to add pork fat.

My logic is infallible. Other than acknowledgment of my wisdom, this discussion can be concluded.

I went with poultry. You can do just about anything with it. One night you can grill it with some pepper, bread crumbs and lemon juice, the next night you can simmer it in taco seasoning for use in nachos. Want something a little lighter? Homemade chicken noodle soup! On top of that you have turkey burgers, turkey bacon, hot wings, chicken chili, drumsticks from a turkey, etc.

I went with poultry. You can do just about anything with it. One night you can grill it with some pepper, bread crumbs and lemon juice, the next night you can simmer it in taco seasoning for use in nachos. Want something a little lighter? Homemade chicken noodle soup! On top of that you have turkey burgers, turkey bacon, hot wings, chicken chili, drumsticks from a turkey, etc.
They are FOWL though, similar to foul. Offal. I digress..:p

I agree. Poultry is a lot more versatile than other meats. The novelty of eating pork every day would eventually wear off. It might take three or four years, but eventually. Chicken's boring by itself, but you can basically do anything with it except make a steak or bacon.

False. Pork is the most versatile meat.

Minus the wings you can literally do the same thing with just about any meat including fish. And turkey bacon? That's just dried up turkey lunch meat.

Edit: Ok sorry, I realize that this is a personal preference poll not a "Which is the best meat?" poll. Carry on about your love of turkey/chicken.

i'd have a hard time choosing. today i bought beef back ribs, chicken wings, chicken breast, sausage links, and bacon on the way home from picking up my cholesterol medicine... :D

My uncle gave me 7 lbs of sausage a friend of his made. It's audad ( a wild sheep he shot in south Tx) and pork. It's spicy, smoky and I hoard it like a miser. If i could only eat one meat, this would be it!

dfc said:
I'm about to warm up a hamburger. MMMM, tasty.

Last weekend I bbq'd 50% beef 50% ground bacon burgers, and topped with more bacon. But I supose I could make a 100% bacon burger. Now that's tasty ;)

Dude, I said beef, just because I've been on a huge rib-eye kick lately and can't see not having another when I'm just mastering my grilling/seasoning techniques, plus cows are stupid so.....but seafood is a close second, just shrimp alone.....shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Back