beergun rubber nib thingy problems anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinnerstick

Reaction score
i have been having this problem lately- the rubber nib that stops the flow of beer in the beergun comes dislodged from the metal bracket while i'm bottling. i fill a bottle, start pulling out the beergun, and suddenly the bottle is foaming over like mad. i get the tip out of the bottle and there's beer spraying across the room; either the tip is partly dislodged and aiming a spray, like when you stick your finger over the end of a hose, or it has come off altogether, and the beer is just spraying everywhere. twice i didn't realize it had come off and i capped the bottle in a panic, capping the stupid rubber thing inside the bottle! it's infuriating. then i have to unplug the line from the keg, clean up, find the stupid rubber thing, get it in place, sanitize it. that over-foamed bottle is ruined, beer is lost. thought i would ask on here to see if i'm the only one before contacting blichmann

i don't think so. when the stupid thing is on correctly it shuts the flow 100%

I've had the little rubber thing come off the first time I used mine. I ordered 2 more for when I end up losing them.

Ever since it was new, mine tends to come off very easily no matter how carefully it was put on. It's incredibly frustrating to have it come lose in a growler and then have to deal with the free-flowing gun. I'll try getting some replacements to see if they fit better.

let us know if a new rubber thingy improves the situation. i'll send an email to blichmann meanwhile.

I managed to sort out my problems with the tip coming off. I blogged about it, but basically I noticed the tip wasn't positioned over the center of the beer tube, so it tended to get pushed off. I bent the clip and it seems happy to stay.

From Royski's blog:
It become a free-floating nuisance that enjoyed a tour of several bottles, pint glasses, and a growler, leaving me scrambling to disconnect the gun from the keg while beer squirted everywhere.
hahaha sounds familiar!

Response from Blichmann:
I am guessing that the rubber tip may be torn. Inspect it closely. If it is replace and it should resolve the trouble. Other than that, you can use a dab of silicone sealant to glue it in place. Let us know if that doesn't resolve the trouble!!

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Blichmann Engineering, LLC

I got the same line from Blichmann. The tip is not torn - I told them about my fix of bending the clip.

dinnerstick, I hope this works for you. The position of the rubber tip over the tube seems critical. \

Back