Phil bounces around too much.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkNoonBrewer

Steve Trott
Reaction score
This guy at work couldn't get to my job today... They had him bouncing around from job to job and I thought, "If this keeps up, we'll have a Philharmonic on our hands!"

At my job, there is nobody to get around to doing it but myself. That's why it's called "my job".

I need a guy like Phil, I guess. And as much as Phil bounces around, I would wait for him to get there if I were you. Sounds like you need the help. Or at least a designated driver.

If the OP made any less sense, I might understand it. Whatchu talkin' 'bout?

damn... i got too deep, and way to far fetched.

When sound bounces back and forth at just the right rhythm, it can create a harmonic within the vessel. If Phil is bouncing back and forth, he will create a harmonic... a Philharmonic... like an orchestra? ... get it? I'll just stick to brewing beer. carry on.

I believe you are trying to refer to resonance, which for most vessels will be only a fundamental tone, with few if any harmonics (whole multiples of the fundamental frequency). Either way, why does Phil do your job for you?

No, no, no! He had to get the job i made for him. Since I made the job to do, the job I made for him was my job. His job was to do my job I made for him. Is there a different way to say this with out making it sound like have people do my work for me?

If thats the case I definitely need a Phil around here. I'm good at making work for other people to do, especially it it was my work in the first place.

It sounds like you had a job for phil, and that would be you assignment for him. Anyway, I'd say phil is seriously lacking any kind of backlog management. I'd suggest a WIP board or similar visual workload management tool. That way there can be harmony in your workplace.

Back