What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately breweries always have to walk the line where if they become too big everyone is convinced they are no longer a "craft brewery" and it's no longer "cool" to like their beers. It's sad that some people feel the need to just like the lesser known breweries and hate on the big ones that actually do a great deal for the craft brewing industry and make some really good beers. Just look at how they helped out many craft breweries during the hop shortage in 2008: Sam Adams Hop Shortage Philanthropy.

Hey now, all I said was I didn't like that one brew. Many of my go to beers are out of a Sam Adams Sampler when I start falling short on cash and homebrew. I can get one of those for 10.99 on a good day, the same price as many of the 4-6 packs of other stuff. You just won't ever catch drinking BMC.

Cheers to that.

I am in San Antonio visiting my family and I have been drinking modus all week! Fell in love with it last year when I was in town.. I will be smuggling a 6 pack of Modus, a bottle of decadent, and a bottle of ranger creek whiskey home with me!

Both ranger creek whiskeys are awesome. I love Rimfire.

I may have to bring back a bottle of that as well.

Have you had any of the small batch beers? I saw #5 at gabriel's but didn't know much about it.

#5 is a dopplebock but they are having a little issues with thoses. Most are super over carbonated and possibly infected. I say try their other offerings like OPA, Smoked porter, Le Beast. I havent open #5 yet to find out but #3 & $ were over carbed and 3 was pretty much bubble gum but definitely get the Rimfire you wont be disappointed

NIZZLE said:
Sorry to hear that my condolences I'll tip one up with ya

Thanks NIZZLE! Was a great guy I played ball with and got into all sorts of... complications! He was my age, too.

Also props to Billy Klubb and LoloMT7 for the kindness! Much appreciated!!

Had some time before class thought I would swing by the house check up on things, have a coffee and a cigar. Turns out I packed all my cigars, and the local cigar/pipe shop wasn't open yet. So here we are French pressed Columbian, and the finest cigar the shell station had to offer.

20130528_124000.jpg

Billy I grabbed something out of the house just for you. Can you spot it?

Thanks NIZZLE! Was a great guy I played ball with and got into all sorts of... complications! He was my age, too.

Also props to Billy Klubb and LoloMT7 for the kindness! Much appreciated!!

I know what it feels like, a few years back I lost my best friend. He came up to my house warming party had to be back on base at 0600 so he drank a few in the afternoon, called it quits, and then left at 3am. Fell asleep at the wheel. I'll never get over the guilt.

Death is trying for sure mate, but with friends and family, you have blessings that can help you get through the hard parts.

I pour out an allagash dubbel for him every year. Was his favorite brew.

Just packed this all up ... just shy of 30 pounds of liquid bliss!

Then I unpacked the care package my friend brought over the weekend! :rockin:

(There are 4-6 of most of those 12 pincers too!)

Mmmmm Dragons Milk! Headed to New Holland today for $6 growlers and probably a Dragons Milk ice cream float

Ostomo517 said:
Mmmmm Dragons Milk! Headed to New Holland today for $6 growlers and probably a Dragons Milk ice cream float

I just spent 15$ on 4 ozs of chocolate to make ice cream with for floats for anniversary dinner this week. :)

image-2145303519.jpg

Having a hefe at the seventh or so new brewery to open in ashville in the last twenty minutes.

Asheville brewer's alliance collab saison with exp hops 644. Dry, lemony, reminds me of crystal quite a bit.

image-2934633092.jpg

Drinkin some of my dark hybrid lager after a day finishing up cleaning the brewhause. Def a successfull weekend bottling & brewing.

Swarley88 said:
No problem buddy, I wish I had the will power you do. I have already polished off all the goodies you sent me. :/

Hehe! Yeah, I'm trying to savor them and resist the urge to just drink them all up and be sad afterward. :) Especially the Marooned. Although, I'll be sad either way. The length of time it takes me to drink them won't change that.
I think I'll drink that LOMOMO this weekend. I'm looking forward to it!

Hehe! Yeah, I'm trying to savor them and resist the urge to just drink them all up and be sad afterward. :) Especially the Marooned.
I think I'll drink that LOMOMO this weekend. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm looking forward to some Texas beers wooooohoooooo! :)

NIZZLE said:
I'm looking forward to some Texas beers wooooohoooooo! :)

The JK definitely won't disappoint. My bottle of homebrew I put in there, now that might. ;)

Ostomo517 said:
Lol nah, headed over to New Holland Brewery right now bottle shop later

I'm jealous of your proximity to such great breweries.

The bar having the Allagash take over has a different idea of 'rare and limited' than I do, so instead of paying $1/oz to drink shelf beers in a stinky basement, I'm at home enjoying a friend's hb topaz/galaxy IIPA. I've probably had more hops in the last 5 days than in the last year.

I'm jealous of your proximity to such great breweries.

Ive lived in West Michigan for about a year and I still am blown away by my proximity to great breweries lol. Been at New Holland tons of times and still get giddy like a schoolgirl when I walk in

Any of you guys have a favorite American barleywine recipe? I'm looking for opinions more than an exact recipe even. I've got bravo to bitter with and centennial and cascade for the later additions, but don't have a schedule planned, i've never brewed even a pale ale before :eek:. I want to use US caramel malts and I'm leaning towards something like 92% pale, 4% c40, 4% c80, something like .8 bu:gu. Meant to pick up some a bells 6 pack today. I'm going to grow the yeast up for a 2 hearted clone and then planning to use for the bw, also.

Back