didnt refridge yeast.. think it ruined my beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

versache

Reaction score
first time not using dry yeast and didnt rwalize it needed to be cold not to activate prematury.. bout to bottle but not sure its worth it. watcha guys think?

first time not using dry yeast and didnt rwalize it needed to be cold not to activate prematury.. bout to bottle but not sure its worth it. watcha guys think?

Did it show signs of fermentation? Did you take a gravity reading to see if anything happened? Does it taste like flat beer?

For $1 worth of caps and some time, I would bottle it. I'm assuming you didn't make a starter. Lessons learned.

you should take hydrometer reading to see how much sugar you got in there. unless it was infected - re-pitch some yeast.

IN answer to your question, we don't have near enough information to provide a proper response.

Did you take a hydrometer reading. Did it ferment?
Did you taste it to see if it's worth bottling? (Sour, oxidized, sweet or any other bad flavors not associated with young beer)

Yeast can survive being left at room temp for a short time. It won't activate prematurely if there is no food for it. Keeping cold will help it, but being left out for a few days at room temp is not a big deal.

My advice is to first find out if it has actually done it's job, and that requires a hydrometer reading.

Latest posts

Back