Keuka Lake, NY brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadfall

Reaction score
Well I figured I'd check and see if there are any brewers in the area. I was thinking maybe we could get together and brew something.

I just brewed My first all grain batch and it was fun. I'm gonna try a ten gallon batch later this week.

I'm not from that area but I have great memories of touring out there after my wedding. Bully Hill and McGregor were two of my favorites. Unfortunately it was a long weekend and the breweries were closed.

For general advice, try hanging around Fall Bright Winemaker's Shoppe. The proprietors can be a great resource in connecting people. Another would be to talk to the brewers at Keuka Brewing Co.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Thanks for the tips. I know Tom and Marcy over at Fall bright. I need to go see them later this week anyhow, so I'll ask.

Yeah I should try the breweries. I guess they would know. Keuka Brewery was so packed the last time I was there. I couldn't wait to leave. Not to mention drinking green beer out of plastic cups. Maybe I should go during the week.

:mug:

I'm gonna leave this as an open invitation of anybody thats in the area and want to get together and brew something to contact me. Trying someone elses home brew would be great also.

I'm gonna be making revvy's Pumpkin Porter party-gyle style this weekend. happy brewing.

I live up in Rochester, but might be willing to cruise down there for a brew session some weekend, since that areas so nice to drive through. Do you do BIAB or three-vessel? I BIAB myself.

Two goats brewery is a great little spot over on seneca lake. My girlfriend and i came across it while exploring down there this summer.

I live up in Rochester, but might be willing to cruise down there for a brew session some weekend, since that areas so nice to drive through. Do you do BIAB or three-vessel? I BIAB myself.

Two goats brewery is a great little spot over on seneca lake. My girlfriend and i came across it while exploring down there this summer.

Sorry just saw your post. I built a three keg gravity rig. I'm still working the kinks out. There is a lot to be said for the learning curve when you've never seen anyone make beer before. I've learned a lot on this site.

The pumpkin Porter/ale I made over the weekend went really well. It's seems to be pretty happy. I can hear it bubbling away right now. I baked 12lbs of pumpkin and put it in the mash I ended up over shooting the gravity's I figured it's for next year if I can stay out of it for that long.

Yeah I'll have to make it over to two goats someday. I've been to Wagners over on seneca. They have some decent beer. I've been meaning to stop at naked dove in Canandaigua.

I'm pretty sure I saw you post on the syracuse grain buy thread. I'd like to get in on that. I was a little nervous about having 150lbs of grain and how log would that last but now I know. 2.5ish batches per 50lbs.

I just talked to fulkerson winery and they said they could get me 100lbs of briess 2 row for $77. I thought was pretty good for a Lhbs. Sunhydro kept telling me $78 for 50lbs.

Yep I did post in the syracuse thread. I just got into all grain so I have never bought grain in bulk. Seems like theres a lot of potential savings in bulk buying base malt. I buy everything from sunset hydro & homebrew. Their prices are usually pretty good.

$77 for 100 lbs seems like a great price. I think it would be a little less with a group buy, but thats understandable. I will have to give them a call.

the group buy the prices were in the $30ish range for 2 row. I was gonna get in on it but was concerned that It would last me forever. They said they would have it for me early december.

I picked up my 2 row today. Fulkersons winery actually has a decent brew shop. The don't carry alot of specialty grains but they have most of the basics. I'd highly recommend them if anyone lives near Seneca lake. They said they would be happy to order grain any time I need it. :rockin:

Back