Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morticus

Reaction score
I was looking at the rules for the up coming NHB competition, and it's still seems to be using the 2008 BJCP guidelines. I would like to enter my Black IPA, and I know the BJCP added this in 2011 to it's style guide. Does anyone know which category to enter a Black IPA in?

Suggestion - put more than "question" in your thread title.

I've looked on the official BJCP site and see no mention of udpated guidelines. I would think the official site would update it's official standing on this - so first question - where did you hear there are new guidelines approved?

Until we all know that there are new guidelines, it's probably going to have to be in 23. Specialty Beers

I originally heard about the style guide change on Brewing TV during their CDA episode. I looked it up online and it did show it added to the 2011 updates to the BJCP, it wad added to the American IPA category. But it may not be formally adopted yet, or I just read it wrong.

Oh and sorry about the subject line I originally had more info in it but erased it to change it, but forgot to change it before I sent it.

what did you guys use for a base style when entering cat 23. American IPA brewed with roasted/black malt etc??

Back