Coopers Sparkling ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's the proper way to drink this beer. It's bottle conditioned so I poured slowly and found it quite enjoyable, but I later heard that you were supposed to drink it with the yeast mixed in for a much mroe complex and balanced taste.

Which is it?

i don't think i ever realized that coopers was botle conditioned. i always used to drink it from the bottle, surely swallowing lots of yeast with it. it tasted goo to me. i think you should just do what tastes best for you. do you like the yeasty flavor? if so then mix it, otherwise do as you would for your homebrews.

drengel said:
i don't think i ever realized that coopers was botle conditioned. i always used to drink it from the bottle, surely swallowing lots of yeast with it. it tasted goo to me. i think you should just do what tastes best for you. do you like the yeasty flavor? if so then mix it, otherwise do as you would for your homebrews.

Yeah, but I was wondering what the brewers intended method of drinking it was.

What you are supposed to do is put the bottle on its side and gently roll it so that the yeast mixes in with the beer.
This makes it taste better.
Now the key word in this story is Gently

Brewers United said:
What you are supposed to do is put the bottle on its side and gently roll it so that the yeast mixes in with the beer.
This makes it taste better.
Now the key word in this story is Gently

that tends to be the dominant orthodoxy, but even its homeland the topic is hotly debated ;)

Back