Cock & Bottle Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottD13

Reaction score
Well BlueLou and I have have our 1st batch in secondary and our next few in the works.

We're calling ourselves the Cock and Bottle Brewing Company!

This is a draft of our basic label with other examples below.

Comments welcome.

cbbc-1.gif

Scottish Ale that's in secondary.
export-1.gif

Other ideas
pale.gif

oatstout.gif

We'll adjust the background color to match the beer style or color as best we can.

It's still a bit simple but I'm working on it.

Thanks!

Yes there is some juvenile humor involved however a "cock" is a 19th century English term for a tap or that beer is served on draft.

I found a quote referring to Cock and Bottle meaning that beer is served both on draft and in the bottle.

There's just no humor in calling ourselves the Draft and Bottle Brewing Company.;)

E. Cobham Brewer [SIZE=-1]1810–1897[/SIZE]. Dictionary of Phrase and Fable. 1898. [SIZE=+2]Cock and Bottle.[/SIZE] A public-house sign, meaning draught and bottled ale may be had on the premises. The “cock” here means the tap. It does not mean “The Cork and Bottle.”
bigben said:
I have to ask... Why cock? Whats the signifigance of the cock?

As to getting a bottle into the label, I'm working on that. The weathervain idea is not bad...thanks!

Latest posts

Back