Slowest ferment ever???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcgeehan151

Reaction score
So I made a black IPA that was supposed to come in at around FG 1.018. I went to dry hop last Sunday and FG was high at around 1.026. I added dry hops, put the lid back on and gave it a swirl to see if I could get the yeasties moving again. I added more dry hops last night checked gravity and it was down to 1.024 so I swirled again. I've had slow airlock activity since. I'm gonna check gravity again tomorrow. Do I need to just keep swirling? I was hoping to keg Sunday (the year was a reuse of US-04)

Sorry it's late, I should have said it went into primary December 26. And the yeast as in good condition.

Not an expert by any means, but if it's been fermenting since Dec 26, it's probably done. What's the germ temp? Any control over that? What's was the OG? And maybe some insight into your recipe, mash temps, AG or extract..? These details help to ascertain what's going on with your brew.
My guess is it's done. How's it taste?
My rule of thumb, "if it tastes good and gravity isn't moving, package!"
It's just beer, anyway. Relax, don't something something, do something something.....:]

I wouldn't pay any attention to the air lock after you put in the dry hops. All those little hop bits will drive CO2 out causing the air lock to bubble long after the yeast have finished doing their job. At this point your likely loosing aroma as it bubbles.

Latest posts

Back