Fan placement in a keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I have like a 15-20 degree difference in my keezer between the bottom of my kegs and the top. I am thinking about using a computer fan to more evenly distribute the temperature, but I am not sure where and how to mount it. Any input would be appreciated.

I mounted mine to the lid of the freezer using toggle bolts and some nylon spacers. I have it blowing downward with the controller probe in the air stream directly below it. I'm using a 110 v AC muffin fan:

4187313347_c089ea8e64.jpg

4187313469_493b757787.jpg

I run the fan continuously 24/7. I figure it costs about 5 cents a day to operate at its 22 watt rating. The lid mounting keeps the fan completely out of the way and the hollow lid made for easy mounting. This also makes it easy to run the power cord through the collar along with the controller probe.

The fan made a huge difference for me. Huge!

can you take a pic of the other side of that wire, for the electrical dummies? where does that wire go?

can you take a pic of the other side of that wire, for the electrical dummies? where does that wire go?

Look closely and you can see that the wire from the fan passes through the wood collar. I have a power strip mounted on the wall behind the freezer. The fan and the controller both plug into the power strip. The fan runs full time and I have since insulated the collar which cut the power consumption by at least 40%.

I can take another pic if that's not enough info.

well i saw it passing through the collar, but unsure what the other end of the wire looked like. So, it's just a plug on the other end? did it come like that? isn't that a low voltage fan?

Doesn't matter where you place it or what direction you point it. I experimented with several positions and noticed neglible differences.

I suggest installing it at a place of least disturbance so you don't accidently hit it.

well i saw it passing through the collar, but unsure what the other end of the wire looked like. So, it's just a plug on the other end? did it come like that? isn't that a low voltage fan?

No, it's a 110v AC fan and it plugs directly into a wall outlet. The power cord is ordinary 2 conductor lamp cord with spade connectors on the fan end and a snap on plug at the other. The fan had no power cord out of the box, but it's a no-brainer to wire it up.

Back