Looking for a brewpub in Palm Desert, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hercher

Reaction score
I'm going to a conference next week, and expect to have a free evening on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'd love to find a brewpub not too far from the JW Marriott in Palm Desert, CA to have dinner.

Anybody have any ideas?

I have not personally tried either of these places but there is a Babes BBQ on hwy 111 in Palm Desert. Also Lampost Pizza in La Quinta on hwy 111 just south of Washington. Like I said I have not tried either place so can't really recommend but other than those I know of none.

I do however enjoy going to The Yardhouse on Bob Hope at The River.

I wound up going to Babes BBQ. I was rather underwhelmed. The food and service were good enough, but the beer wasn't great. They desperately need to clean two of their beer lines, and unfortunately it is the pale ale was flowing through. It rendered their golden ale completely undrinkable, and the pale ale nearly so.

The dark lager and double rye IPA were good enough. The summer weiss beer was crisp and refreshing, so I enjoyed that. The honey blonde was well done, as well, with prominent but not cloying wildflower honey flavor. None of the beers really impressed me.

I'm glad I went, but I wasn't inspired enough to go back.

I've been to both the above places. Both mediocre. Beers are slightly better at Lampost Pizza --aka Backstreet Brewery.

Back