Holiday/Christmas Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbitton

Reaction score
I'm looking to make my girlfriends parents a festive mead. They love eggnog. Figured that wouldn't be the best to start off with as this would be my first mead.

I was thinking along the lines of a pumpkin/pumpkin spices mead. I've found a few recipes online but I turn to you fellow HBTers…

From your experience, what would be the best holiday mead to make as a gift for future in laws?

a cyser that is spiced with apple pie stuff, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg type stuff would be nice, could be drank warmed like mulled cider or cold

I have a spiced pumpkin mead going right now. My only suggestion is to not use pumpkin puree. You loose a lot of volume. Best to try fresh pumpkin cut up fine in a mesh bag. Or if you can juice some pumpkin and strain off the puree, would work too.

I have a spiced pumpkin mead going right now. My only suggestion is to not use pumpkin puree. You loose a lot of volume. Best to try fresh pumpkin cut up fine in a mesh bag. Or if you can juice some pumpkin and strain off the puree, would work too.

bet seasoning the diced pumpkin with pie spices and roasting it would add really nice flavor to the mead, with all the spices and the pumpkin caramelizing some. Just don't take it to the full fork tender soft or might end up with a similar issue as with the puree.

thanks for all the great suggestions. I've decided to try out the suggestion from Taise.

Using the recipe for Sweet Potato Pie Mead by summersolstice.

I'll update you guys when I start it.

Just put the 2 gallons to sleep for a few weeks. It smells incredible. If it taste like it smells it's exactly what I was after.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

I created a peppermint mead that it amazing... check the link out here: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSaBoXS-yg[/ame]
It sounds like a weird combo but dont bash it until you try it!

Latest posts

Back