Could've been worse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caucasian

Reaction score
Dropped my 5gal glass carboy today...

Thank glob it only had pbw water in it. Yesterday it held my dry hopped pale ale. Avoided disaster by 24 hours.

That still sucks but like you said, it could've been worse....

I had a close call two years ago when I dropped a six gallon carboy after racking to the secondary. It had about a half gallon or so of yeast sludge still in it and I dropped it on the edge of the bathtub I was going to empty it out into. Huge shatter noise, sludge everywhere leaking through piles of broken glass underneath the radiator, behind the sink and around the toilet. At that point I decided I was boned already and that a speedy response would serve no purpose so I walked out of the bathroom (careful not to loose a toe or two) and grabbed the camera to document what not to do. That was easily the biggest mess I have made thus far.

DSCF3442.jpg

A month ago I brewed my first AG brew in my garage, long story short my wort has boiled chilled and ready to siphon into my beer in the carboy so I take my sterilising solution and garden hose start to clean my carboy for a last time to be sure that everything is A-OK , I must note that I had one too many homebrews ... As I add water into the carboy pick it up and. Start whirling it around , it slips and shatters on the floor slitting my vains on my wrist, I was half sacked, bleading like a pig and panicking thinking that blood and glass went into my wort... Finaly everyhing was fine no hospital no stitches no glass or blood in the wort, only a f***** up first HB experience, I bave 2 batches done since then, and believe you me, no beer crosses my mouth until after pitching :) Wanted to share my story habahahaha...

image-2312021438.jpg

Back