Dry Hopping and Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzie53

Reaction score
Whats up Folks,
Ok, so I've heard a number of different techniques for dry hopping but I just did a 90 Minute IPA and the recipe briefly stated that you should dry hop in the keg...(5 gallon cornelius keg, extract beer, clone of 90 minute dogfish head)
Does anyone know if you prime the keg during the time in which you dry hop? Or should I dry hop the keg, take out the hops and then prime it....?
Suggestions anyone?
Thanks and Cheers
Brian

Sanitize a zip tie fill a cheesecloth bag with said hops zip tie halfway down the dip tube fill keg close put on serving PSI and let it sit for 2 weeks.

my2cents

I primed mine with the dryhops in. Make sure your bag is fine mesh, other wise you will have hop particle floaties in your beer.

I just drop a LARGE SS Nut into the hop bag with the hops and toss it in the keg. Chill/Carb/serve as normal.

I like the zip tie idea though.

Anyone want to see my nuts?

I alternate between in the primary, in the keg with a bag tied to the lid, and zip ties. I have a hard time with the zip ties doe to my hand hands and fingers inside the keg even just near the opening so I tend to use the hanging bag method or primary or both!

Anyone want to see my nuts?
Meh sure I mean it couldn't hurt ...right!?

sort_of_want.jpg

Back