What happened to...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOB

Reaction score
The Anna Nicole Poll?!

Just curious...I couldn't really give a crap...

Oh I figured it got deleted. I didn't think it was even worthwhile to read. Just kinda curious to see what everyone had to say. I thought it could lead to some pretty good conversations...but that's just me! :)

Pumbaa said:
awwwwwwwww I was hoping for some hate PM's :(

If I see a thread of mine turning into a henhouse, I won't hesitate to flush the thing. There'll be no hate PMs coming from my corner.

the_bird said:
It was probably either closed or deleted, as (I think) it should have been. Distasteful, even for us...
Cant take the heat use the other general chat forum.
000722g.jpg

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
Cant take the heat use the other general chat forum.

Dude, people were talking about cutting up her body and snorting it. I know, I know, it's all a joke - but cripes, buddy, she WAS human, she had a very young infant who's being fought over, and most of the comments in the thread were pretty damn classless.

Show some friggin' respect, m'kay?

I am simply saying if you do not like the nasty posts in a forum that is not moderated use one that is!

5,000 is coming soon for the bird who is throwing the gangster party? :mug:

the_bird said:
Dude, people were talking about cutting up her body and snorting it. I know, I know, it's all a joke - but cripes, buddy, she WAS human, she had a very young infant who's being fought over, and most of the comments in the thread were pretty damn classless.

Show some friggin' respect, m'kay?

I was actually the one talking about snorting her. It was all in fun, classless maybe, but fun. If I didnt feel confortable making a comment like that in a forum I wouldnt have, but I get the feeling everyone around here is pretty laid back and cool about stuff.

To me, she is in the same respects as making fun on someone like Michael Jackson. A huge star that was well recognized for a good thing (singing/modeling) that went down hill afterwards and started making the news for the wring reasons.

You might make a joke about how MJ is a pedo, well I might make a joke about how Anna is a druggie!

Anyways...I dont care about the thread! Sorry if I offended anyone with the post I made. Just trying to make a joke, and I'm good at making bad ones!

:mug:

Orph: You know I'm not that skinny.

As for the ANS poll, it was probably one of the lowest class moments on this board. I might be a pig, but I try not to insult the dead, especially if they're a mother.

I wont say anything about the dead I wouldnt say to their face if they were alive . . . which means I'll basicly say anything at anytime

Cheesefood said:
As for the ANS poll, it was probably one of the lowest class moments on this board. I might be a pig, but I try not to insult the dead, especially if they're a mother.
No. You just insult every woman who's ever had a child...;)
Cheesefood said:
Works both way, sweety. We like 'em small. Poonanies are like balloons. Blow one up, let the air out and check the size. That's what giving birth or being a slut does. Why do you think we enjoy back-door action so much? No kids sliding out of there.

My phrase is: It's not the size of the prize, it's all about me shooting.

How do you get a woman off?
"B!tch, Get off!"

RichBrewer said:
No. You just insult every woman who's ever had a child...;)

Sure. Notice the difference? Lorena can snap back. Thankfully, she's alive. If she wasn't, how many people would make comments about raping her corpse?

I'm not a saint by any means, but I'm also not about insulting or disrespecting the dead.

You guys and the dead i swear its big time taboo for some thats cool i just dont think we should have restrictions in a single forum with a bold warning before you enter.

I can see if it was someone you know personnaly or someone who did good for the world. I don't see anyone refraining from dissin' on Hitler. He's dead but yet I dont hear anyone standing up for his dead body if I made a comment about it.

Granted, ANS didnt kill millions of Jews, but she also didnt do anything to help the world and neither one of them can "slap back."

Look this issue is obvioulsy causing a lot of people to want to throw gunpowder on the fire.

First off, everyone on this forum knows that neither the_bird nor me are sticklers. We're not prudes. We both probably have some of the broader senses of humor here.

Now, I won't speak for him, but I believe that what was being said was just wrong. If it offends ME, then it's pretty bad generally. Now, I may be a sexist pervert of a pig, but I don't think it's funny to mock a dead woman. That's just my opinion. Some, if not most of you will disagree with me and say that her image is public domain.

Now, without wanting to further inflame a war, I'd like to offer a truce and put up something that I hope we can all agree with: if, for any reason, the content of a thread truely upsets anyone here, let's kill the thread. No reason that we have to be enemies, right?

I'm not one who will often ask for a thread to be closed, but let's hope that the mods here will realize when a thread is going too far and stop it.

Dude has sent me PM's a few times about the content of my threads, and I've respectfully backed down from them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever been told to cool it on a hot topic.

Can we all just let this issue rest? There's no need to be sarcastic towards me simply because I didn't agree with a thread. Likewise, I would like to respect anyone here who is truely disturbed by the content of my threads.

SOB said:
I can see if it was someone you know personnaly or someone who did good for the world. I don't see anyone refraining from dissin' on Hitler. He's dead but yet I dont hear anyone standing up for his dead body if I made a comment about it.

Granted, ANS didnt kill millions of Jews, but she also didnt do anything to help the world and neither one of them can "slap back."

Look. I didn't even see the thread in question, but apparently it got out of hand. From some of the comments I've seen referenced, I can see why people got upset.

I'm far from a prude, but there are limits. If you think this is a place where you can post sick jokes about someone who just died, then you're wrong. And don't go telling us about "the rules". There is a certain amount of self-policing that goes on around here, by people who care to keep this place from totally going to sh*t. There's a line between good humor and good taste, and I see that line being toed more often these days, and when poeple are called on it, they bring up stupid crap like comparing Anna Nicole Smith to Hitler in defense. How stupid.

I'm happy that there are still members who who care enough to speak up when people cross that line. I've been around here long enough to know that if you get censored, you most likely deserved it. We're about as laid back as you'll find, but there are limits.

Someone fetch me my cane and hemorroid creme.

This is the reason I deleted the original thread to begin with. If something suddenly becomes incendiery, it becomes a well of eternal dissension and ill feeling. I even tried to divert attention away from this particular thread with the Children's Shows poll. I could see a new battle was beginning to take stage here. Forums are the worst places for this kind of debate/discussion/bickering/bitching; because it just goes round and round and round and round with no end. I think we all come here to have a good time and break free from the rigors of life-in-general. I'm not gonna continue a fight because my ego will be bruised if I back down. I think Cheese is right that we should know when to just cool it.

erbiumyag said:
I think we all come here to have a good time and break free from the rigors of life-in-general.

You hit the nail on the head right there. To me, it's just like a bar where friends go to unwind. Sure, the humor gets a little bawdy at times, but that doesn't mean anyone can say any damn thing they want without reprecussion. I don't even like getting into this kind of thing, but there is a point where enough is enough.

Again, I never saw the thread, just anecdotal stuff. No one is blaming you for anything.....looks to me like you did the right thing. Don't sweat it. ;)

You guys and the dead i swear its big time taboo for some thats cool i just dont think we should have restrictions in a single forum with a bold warning before you enter.

We should have rules for this forum am i the only one who thinks this is/was a anything goes section?

It seems to be happening often with more then just the ANS topic but others also like "Is A$$ and **** really that offensive? (CAREFUL! Bad words in this thread)"

Maybe the mods/admin can group huddle and reply with what's naughty and what's nice for this forum.

We should have rules for this forum then am i the only one who thinks this is/was a anything goes section?

It seems to be happening often with more then just the ANS topic but others also like "Is A$$ and **** really that offensive? (CAREFUL! Bad words in this thread)"

Maybe the mods/admin can group huddle and reply with that's naughty and what's nice for this forum.

There isn't anything wrong if a serious topic should come up; it's just a matter of recognizing that some people are taking genuine offense to something being said. That's usually the time to cool down. The dynamics of a forum are completely different. People can get steamed really quick because it's not the same as a one-on-one/face-to-face conversation. Someone makes a point. There's a lag time. Some else makes another point. Then there's another lag time, followed by a counterpoint. The reality is, if we were all sitting down together in a bar, enjoying a few beers and having any of these discussions, they probably would never get out of hand. It really isn't a matter of rules. It's a matter of understanding forum dynamics and just knowing when to be courteous to each other.

We should have rules for this forum am i the only one who thinks this is/was a anything goes section?

Maybe the mods/admin can group huddle and reply with that's naughty and what's nice for this forum.

You show me where it says that "anything goes" in this forum, and I'll eat my boxer shorts.

Self guided rules here & usually mods are not involved. Usually if you're starting to get hammered on, then you know. Just like cordial conversations basically. Religion (no), politics (no), ethnic (no) and now death (no). Sex & nationality, eh.. to an extent in good fun but there's boundries.

I've stepped over, recognize the responses and ya move on to brewing :)

Oh, and I think organic foods is close to hitting that list :cross:.

erbiumyag said:
This is the reason I deleted the original thread to begin with. If something suddenly becomes incendiery, it becomes a well of eternal dissension and ill feeling. I even tried to divert attention away from this particular thread with the Children's Shows poll. I could see a new battle was beginning to take stage here. Forums are the worst places for this kind of debate/discussion/bickering/bitching; because it just goes round and round and round and round with no end. I think we all come here to have a good time and break free from the rigors of life-in-general. I'm not gonna continue a fight because my ego will be bruised if I back down. I think Cheese is right that we should know when to just cool it.

That's beautiful.

Everyone read it again, I'm closing this thread. Behave yourselves,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back