Greetings from SW Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maknaples

Reaction score
I've been getting great information from this site since I started homebrewing a few months ago. Just wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Welcome to the forum. I moved to Miami year ago and now up to Ft Lauderdale. Nice to see some more FL people up in here.

I don't think theres too many around, I was thinking about just hitting up Tampa. I'm in cape coral. I've just been ordering online.

I don't think theres too many around, I was thinking about just hitting up Tampa. I'm in cape coral. I've just been ordering online.

Hey from Orlando! Man, there seems to be a lot of us Florida folk joining recently. I'd like to plug my local brew store in Orlando, if you're doing a lot of online ordering: Hearts Home Brew. Owned and run by two guys who started off in the food service industry. Really knowledgeable, really helpful. They've helped me out with any questions I've had... including my dumb mistake for buying an all-grain recipe when I didn't have the equipment necessary for all-grain. Fixed that easily enough, though ;)

Hello from Riverview! :mug:

I recently moved from Minnesota (Minneapolis) where I brewed several extract batches using supplied from Midwest Supplies. After moving to the Tampa area I was in search for a new local supplier. 30 minutes of searching online I found http://boothsbrewing.com. Only 15 minutes from where I live. I stopped in once after work to chat and purchased "How To Brew" by John Palmer. They have a nice setup with everything an extract/novice brewer would need. I really can't comment on their all grain supplies as I haven't ventured into that side of brewing yet. However, I do know they offer extract and all grain classes. I plan to signup for the new all gain session soon.

I'm hesitant to start brewing again until I build a fermentation chamber. The weather in MN didn't pose any problems but the 90+ weather hear in FL puts me on the worried side.

Send me a PM if you (or any other FL brewer) wants to chat someday.

P.S. I highly recommend the book by Palmer. Packed with information and saved me hours of searching for the answers online.

Hey Passedpawn.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I need to spend an hour searching next time.

I work in Tampa (by TPA) and will swing into Southern Brewing one day.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. Sounds like I need to plan a road trip up to Tampa!

Latest posts

Back